Counting checkboxes in Confluence Table

Kyle Conway February 21, 2019

I've seen a lot of posts with this title, but none that ask my specific question.

Let's say I make a form to be filled out.  Each entry someone makes, with each row being a single entry, will have to select one of three options.  This form is a living document.  It will start with 256 rows that are not filled out, and may be filled out over time.  Manually counting how many times "Option 1" has been selected at more than a handful of entries is prohibitively time consuming, and prone to error.  What I would like to be able to do is display somewhere (without covering up the living form) how many times Option 1 is checked.  I would also like, as a unique item on the same display (or even a separate display) how many times Option 2 has been selected.

What I've found so far is only to count how many checkboxes in total are selected (which in my case is trivial, as it should be equal to the number of rows filled out).  Also, when I apply a macro to my table, it eats the table.  The table disappears entirely and is replaced by a macro displaying information.  This would render my living form unusuable.  

Any suggestions?

Sample Table:

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2019

Hello Kyle,

Table Filter and Charts app can help you in this case:

1. Count number of checked options: 2019-02-21_22h09_44.png2019-02-21_22h10_47.png2019-02-21_22h09_56.png
  2. Create a chart to compare number of checked options: 2019-02-21_22h16_04.png2019-02-21_22h16_40.png2019-02-21_22h24_13.png
  3. And so on...
Kyle Conway February 21, 2019

This looks fantastic! 
I'd also like to point out that it's very awesome of you to take the time to actually pull up some demos and screenshot it.  You really went above and beyond to demonstrate, and it's definitely appreciated.

But I do have one further question.
For clarity, my chart has the "Option 1, Option 2, Option 3" underneath another section (so that you may know what those options are in reference to).  
I've noticed the built in macros and tools struggle with this.  I can only choose, as in my example, the word "criticality," /not/ "option 1."
Is this the case in the tool you're demonstrating?

This isn't a game breaking point, and if necessary I will find a work around.  I was just curious if it could handle this particular layout.

Like Zak Laughton likes this
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2019

Unfortunately, it doesn't play nicely in this case: 2019-02-21_22h42_04.png

Kyle Conway February 22, 2019

I don't seem to be able to get the same result as you.  When I have the columns displayed, the plugin requires that I show how many are unchecked for each option, as well as total for each option.  It doesn't appear to be possible to show only how many are checked for each option as you have done.

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2019

Please, take a look at these screenshots:

2019-02-21_22h16_04.png2019-02-21_22h16_40.png

I use Table Filter macro to filter Pivot Table macros by checked option only: add visual filters for each option and choose checked checkbox in each filter.

Like # people like this
Kyle Conway February 26, 2019

Filtering columns out by checkboxes removes all other columns.  Filtering different columns by checkboxes removes all columns.

Do you have a different plug-in that fixes this plug-in?

We had to revert to an older version of the plugin, because the newer version doesn't load.  Which version are you on, do you know?

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2019

You are filtering on Low and Med columns where both columns have selected checkboxes and there are no rows with both selected checkboxes. You can change filters from AND to OR mode to see rows where at leadt one column has selected checkboxes.

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2019

@Kyle Conway, version 5.1.3 of Table Filter and Charts app supports table headers with merged rows now. Please, update the app and try it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events