Could not parse the template given in IFTTT macro.

shanna.curry@bcafs.com November 6, 2017

I keep getting the following error message after I created a form. Please help! This is for an urgent project.

Could not parse the template given in IFTTT macro. Original error: Error occurred rendering template content

3 answers

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2018

I hope it is solved now, but for all the ConfiForms related questions like this (or problems, I would say), please contact us via Support Request Form

You can also tag me directly if you post a ConfiForms related question on the Atlassian Community, so we can react faster.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2017

What is the template in the ConfiForms IFTTT macro? It's impossible to know how to help without knowing that. There could be any number of issues with your template.

shanna.curry@bcafs.com November 13, 2017

Capture.PNG

Is the above what you were referring to?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2017

I was referring to the body of the ifttt macro.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2017

The template for the IFTTT macro is what you put in the body of the macro. I use ConfiForms all the time at my organization, so if you provide that I could probably help track down the issue ... assuming what is in the body is not confidential. If it s don't post t.  :)

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2017

Hi Shanna,

Can you trigger the error again and check the Confluence server logs for more information? 

Feel free to share that here and we will  let you know what you can try to do to fix it.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

I read the instructions for checking the Confluence logs and discovered that I have to go to General Configuration - Troubleshooting and support tools and follow the prompts to create a Support Zip.

However, we do not have Troubleshooting and support tools

so I cannot create a Support zip.

Please help!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

Are you on Cloud?  You don't get access to the logs on Cloud.

If you are on server, you may get a faster answer by looking at the logs and giving us the errors here (a support zip goes to Atlassian support, and it is sometimes faster to get help here)

I have no idea how to get to the server

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

Ok, you'll need to talk to your system admins - who looks after the server?

There's only  one person - I'll ask him.

I was asked about the Confiform IFTTT macro. This is what I can find.

Capture.PNG

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2017

Shanna,

The Support Zip is only one way to get the logs, and sometimes support for ask for it, but the easiest way is to access the log directly using the information from this page:

Working with Confluence Logs

Read under Finding the Confluence log files for more details on where to find it. However, if you don't know how to access the server then you will definitely want to talk to your Confluence server administrator for this.

Since it's clear you're using ConfiForms, we can tell that you're on a Server app and not Cloud, as the add-on isn't available for Cloud. I've tagged the company that makes the macro on this question, so hopefully one of them will be able to assist, but they will most likely still need to see the details in the logs from the error you're running into. 

What will also be helpful is if you or your server admin can let us know the Confluence version number, as well as the version of the ConfiForms add-on you have installed.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events