It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Could not locate exportDescriptor.properties in the archive

I'm trying to create a new space from an exported space zip file. I'm following all the steps and I'm getting this error:

"Could not locate exportDescriptor.properties in the archive"

I changed the Key in both the XML and properties file from the archive, zipped the archive using Terminal since I'm on a Mac, but I still get this error.

If anyone know how to successfully export a space and create a new space via import space, please let me know.

Thanks,
Melissa

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel_Eads Atlassian Team Jun 10, 2019

Hey Melissa,

I just tried this out real quick on macOS 10.14 to see what the zip utility was doing. I was successful in getting it to compress and upload:

zip -r import.zip ./

This was executed inside the unzipped folder. Trying at the higher directory and unzipping the file didn't work, because it zipped the folder (and not the contents of the folder). If the Confluence importer doesn't find the exportDescriptor.properties file at the root of the zip file (not in a folder), it will throw that error.

Hope that helps, but let me know if there's more to the error you're seeing if you've tried zipping from inside the folder!

Cheers,
Daniel

@Daniel_Eads I am too trying to import the space with a .zip file but from UI and I get the same error.

image.png

Does the name of the zip file important here?

My unzipped folder structure is as shown in pic2image.png

I got it fixed. had to zip the 3 files such that export... file is at the root when unzipped..

Like Daniel_Eads likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

294 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you