Could not find Panel macro

Jigar Patel April 26, 2019

Hi,

I could not find panel macro in my Confluence page,

Is it missing or need to make available from somewhere else?

17 answers

22 votes
David Gardner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 24, 2019

Truly awful decision to remove the panel macro. Like many other people it a great way to visualise content and now everything is floating around the page without any structure. Please put it back. 

NickyGee July 2, 2020

Couldn't agree more 😡

Like # people like this
11 votes
Jeremy Steuhl October 8, 2019

Please add the standard panel back.  Frustrating when you're trying to do something and can't find it, now I know why.

Also, the new "info", "note" macro, how do I give it a title?  That seems to be missing too.

9 votes
Sherry Umlah
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 28, 2019

Please consider upvoting this feature request!  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-67825

Christine Duran April 20, 2020

Upvoted

Like tanderson likes this
Uwe Wardenbach
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 4, 2020

me too ;-)

Like tanderson likes this
6 votes
Trevor Vella
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 4, 2019

Please reinstate the panel macro.  We have created entire confluence space templates and stamped them out to hundreds of sites throughout our organisation. This will set us back many man months of effort.  

5 votes
Cedar Software Development Company February 16, 2020

It's amazing they claimed they are practicing Agile which focuses on Customer concerns more, but then they remove the Panel macro (that is used by many people) with no consultation to their customers before removing it. Very impressive!!!

3 votes
Thomas Stachowicz April 20, 2020

Please bring back the Panel Macro! 

2 votes
Alan Willis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 20, 2020

Please bring back the Panel macro! 

2 votes
Toni Insana
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 17, 2020

Please bring back the Panel macro! 

1 vote
Terence Kent May 6, 2020

Really awful to completely break the editing experience like this and then make your users "vote" for "features" so existing pages/templates work properly.

It's even worse because everyone has to upgrade in the next months because work on the old editor seems to have stopped. Bugs are just accumulating there and it will eventually be so broken that you'll have no choice but to use the new editor.

1 vote
vampyren April 9, 2020

This is a downgrade from what we had. Please bring Panels back, it makes a huge different for visualization of the page. 

1 vote
Kevin Grimmeisen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 5, 2020

I really would appreciate to have this macro back it is so useful for better overview 

1 vote
Despina Stamkou
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 22, 2019

If confluence doesn't decide to revive the panel macro, they should at least give the option to have a colour on the border of the table.

Jonathan Bissell November 22, 2019

you can change the color of the table?

Jonathan Bissell November 22, 2019

I also miss the panel macro RIP

Like Manuel Guerrero likes this
Despina Stamkou
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 22, 2019

@Jonathan Bissell Yes, you can but sometimes you just want to change the border color :)

The panel option was very useful.

Confluence team, please revive it or provide an alternative way of doing the same thing with some other macro.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Jonathan Bissell November 6, 2019

Just add a table and remove all but one row and column 

Brent.Brunson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 30, 2020

I hate that this is the only real solution right now. 

Like # people like this
Deleted user March 30, 2020

I really despise the new table feature.

0 votes
William Faulk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 19, 2021

Editing existing pages is even worse. You can copy an existing panel but not change anything about it.

It also isn't possible to insert code blocks in the new "info" style panels either. If you try then it inserts it after the panel.

0 votes
Emilee Romano Gawrych
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 27, 2020

I'm taking the Atlassian course "Confluence Content Management," which mentions the info, warning, and tip macros. I've been searching for these macros mentioned in the course but haven't been able to find them and now I see why.

Atlassian needs to update their courses when products have changed. I'm glad I found this thread.

0 votes
angela.atkinson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 5, 2020

For formatting purposes, I just put my table of contents into a two row (one of them being a header row), one column table. Works okay for now.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2019

You can find the panel macro in the Confluence editor, choose Insert > Other Macros. Additional information can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/panel-macro-724765265.html

Jigar Patel April 28, 2019

Hello Brant,

I could not find panel macro...

2019-04-29_9-47-52.jpg

2019-04-29_9-46-05.jpg

Michelle Ranger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 13, 2019

I have the same problem, was this answered?

Jigar Patel May 14, 2019

Support team said, that "Panel macro has been removed as part of our plan of making new editor better and lighter."...

Atlassian is removing desired and good working features to make lighter and poor editor. It's called downgrade. With new editor they removed many nice features.

And their are many documentation, which are outdated.

Like # people like this
Michelle Ranger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 14, 2019

Thank you for answering - well that is just disappointing!

Like # people like this
Chad Carrier June 19, 2019

Also quite disappointed by this news. The Panel macro was an excellent way to visually-group information on the pages—I made use of it extensively on my pages at my previous company (which is running an older version of Confluence hosted on their own servers). Now I can't do this at my new company using the Cloud version of Confluence. I'd like to know what alternatives Atlassian has in mind for this.

Like # people like this
Kathy Landon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 7, 2019

Agree - we have sites built out using the Panel macro, and now without it, our sites will look less cohesive with half the pages having it, and newer pages looking less organized... BOO Atlassian!

Like # people like this
Guy Avery October 3, 2019

2 issues - one - why claim something is still there when it is clearly not!

And secondly why remove something so fundamental without offering anything suitable as an alternative? The internal design discussions must have been interesting when discussing the removal of macros:

"We need to remove macros to make the editor more light weight"

"OK - how many people are using them?"

"Thousands of users across many thousands of pages"

"What shall we replace them with?"

"Nothing"

"Cool - lets do it!"

Like # people like this
Dave Dunn
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 24, 2019

The ironic thing is that we were using the Background Color macro and were informed by Atlassian that it had been replaced by the Panel macro. Now we have neither.

Dave Dunn
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 2, 2020

A workaround to the downgraded editor is to take a page made with the old editor, copy it, remove all content and save it as a sort of template.

Like John Vermeeren likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events