Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not create a bar chart with my JIRA filter

Arutkavi Gunasekaran June 22, 2017

Hello,

I have multiple filters in my JIRA. Ex: i have filter in the project with 500 total bugs in that i have 300 bugs, 100 iimprovement, 50 new features and 50 tasks. I  want this in a bar chart and x axis with number i want bugs, improvement, new features, and tasks and in y axis want count of the tickets.

I tried to liked with confluence and tried in JIRA also. Could not create it. Help me to make my own chart in that.

Thanks,

Arutkavi Gunaseakaran

4 answers

2 votes
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2020

Hi @Arutkavi Gunasekaran ,

I've been working on a simple app to help with this exact problem called Custom Charts for Jira that lets you create professional-looking bar charts on Jira dashboards and Confluence pages.

There are multiple chart types to choose from and other customizations available including ordering and colors.

Custom_Charts_for_Jira_Bar Chart.png

Here's a playground so you can test it out without installing it: https://link.oldstreetsolutions.com/custom-charts-playground

There's also Custom Jira Charts for Confluence which has identical features for creating professional charts in Confluence.

I hope that helps with your query.

Thanks,

Tom - Custom Charts Product Manager

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2017

Go to the Jira dashboard, and add a "filter statistic" gadget.  Put your filter in it, and then select "issue type" as the statistic.

It will have x and y the wrong way around, but it is the closest you'll get without coding.

Arutkavi Gunasekaran June 28, 2017

Hi Nic,

Sorry for the late reply, I have already created x y table. But from that i want to create a bar chart. I can easily create a pie chart with this data. But chart macro is not helping to create bar chart. Can you have any idea how to create this.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2017

First, does the "filter statistic" in JIRA work ok?  Apart from the axes being reversed, of course.

If it does, then you'll have to explain what you mean by "chart macro is not helping" in Confluence?  I can make the simple ones work by filling in the questions it asks.

Arutkavi Gunasekaran June 29, 2017

Yes it is working. I got it. Found a way to create it. Anyway thanks for your responce

aishwarya v April 18, 2021

Hi Arutkavi, can you advise how you did this? I am stuck. when i choose bar , I only get a 2 dim bar. 

0 votes
Arutkavi Gunasekaran June 29, 2017

Inside chart Create a chart -> select chart type as bar then you will able to see  it. 

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2017

Hello Arutkavi,

This is possible and not too difficult to do with Table FIlter and Charts add-on. You'll need to create the following structure in the editor: Chart from Table macro -> Pivot Table macro -> JIRA macro or a JIRA gadget (like Nic said). Then save the page.

Then in pivot table select T (type) column in Row Columns parameter - you should get a table with first column containg issue types and the second column with count for this types. And save changes for pivot macro.

Then in Chart from Table macro change type to Column or Bar (or you may leave the default pie type) and save changes in the macro.

As a result you should get something similar to this.

Arutkavi Gunasekaran June 28, 2017

Hi Andrey,

I got your steps appologies for late reply. Here the table is created is from JIRA filter. So it dosnot showing the pivot chart option in edit mode. Becasue the date was getting from the JIRA filter dynamically. So I want to create it from chart that is created from JIRA filter. Take a look at these snapshots Chart_after_creation.jpgConfluence edit mode JIRA chart.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events