Copying table from MS Word to Confluence

Rishi Srinivasan April 27, 2018

I am having issues copying a table from MS Word to Confluence. The formatting does not stay when I copy the table into the page editor but interestingly, it works when I copy it onto the template editor. 

Anyone has any ideas on how I can solve this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2018

Have you tried importing the document as a new page?

Rishi Srinivasan April 27, 2018

Ahh, yes. That solved my problem! Thanks!

Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2018

Yeah sometimes the import works wonders.

Feel free to mark this as an accepted answer if it resolved your issue.

Like Bruno Simões likes this
Chris Knox August 6, 2018

When I import a Word document it looks just like the document I copied and pasted.  The table in particular loses formatting.  The big problem for me is that cell colors don't get imported.  Frankly, I don't see an advantage of importing and displaying as a page over simply attaching a Word file.  

What am I missing?

Ellen de Groot October 16, 2018

I have the same view as Chris.

So how can we easilt copy a MS word table and get a workable table view in Confluence?

0 votes
Mark Hagan October 30, 2019

In 'edit' mode, insert a new table.  Copy the table data from Word and paste in the top left cell of the inserted table.  You may have to add additional columns for it to work fully.  Mine only had 4 columns to begin with, so the standard table insert (which has only 4 columns) worked fine.  Hope that helps.

Narges Syd January 23, 2020

Hi When I copy the table data from Word and inset into table (with the right numbers of cells)  all the data  are inserted into one cells . any idea what might be the issue?

thanks

Like Lynn Weiner likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events