Copying a page tree from one space to another

tom1443 January 10, 2018

So I want to copy a large page tree with at least 100 child pages over into another space. I'm using Confluence 5.8, I've used a copy page tree plugin before to do this but it makes the page owner for every page the person that copies it over.

I've tried doing a custom XML export for the page tree but when I try to import it the space key obviously conflicts with the current space the content is in. Is it possible to change the space key values in the export files and then import?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

Hi Tom,

It is possible to change the values in the export files and re-import. Atlassian recommends that you do this in a test instance first. Here are the instructions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-copy-or-rename-a-space-in-confluence-169578.html#HowtocopyorrenameaspaceinConfluence-solution3

Please note that the table in step 5 has more information to the right that is hidden because the documentation window is too thin. I would probably select the whole table and copy it into a Word document to get a better overview.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events