Copy templates into the same page

S Begum May 27, 2022

I use my page to keep a log of the work I have completed that week. I use the same layout and copy and paste it above the previous week's layout to add info for the week ahead. 

Is there an easier way to copy and paste layouts onto the same page? I know you can highlight text however, there's a limit on how much info I can select. If I use ctrl+a this selects everything on the page.

Is there a way I can duplicate the layout without having to do either of the 2 options I mentioned above? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

@S Begum Welcome to the Atlassian Community and Confluence Cloud. 

The method you are looking for, copying templated material into an existing page, does not really exist in Confluence. Once you are editing a page, it's basic copy and paste.

However, is there a reason you are keeping your weekly work logs on the same page and not creating a new page per week? If you were to do that, you can design a page and save it as a template in the Space that this data lives in. Is that an option for you?

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2022

@S Begum I hope your Atlassian journey has been successful. Please let me know if my answer assisted you. If it did, please click on the Accept Answer button so others looking for similar assistance can find it in the future.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events