Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Copy templates into the same page

Edited
S Begum I'm New Here May 27, 2022

I use my page to keep a log of the work I have completed that week. I use the same layout and copy and paste it above the previous week's layout to add info for the week ahead. 

Is there an easier way to copy and paste layouts onto the same page? I know you can highlight text however, there's a limit on how much info I can select. If I use ctrl+a this selects everything on the page.

Is there a way I can duplicate the layout without having to do either of the 2 options I mentioned above? 

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Gladstone Community Leader May 27, 2022

@S Begum Welcome to the Atlassian Community and Confluence Cloud. 

The method you are looking for, copying templated material into an existing page, does not really exist in Confluence. Once you are editing a page, it's basic copy and paste.

However, is there a reason you are keeping your weekly work logs on the same page and not creating a new page per week? If you were to do that, you can design a page and save it as a template in the Space that this data lives in. Is that an option for you?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

336 views 2 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you