Copy sub task from one story to multiple others

Surender Solanki August 18, 2019

Team,

I have 7 stories which have 5 sub tasks each. Can I create these 5 sub task once and replicate them on the other stories as well? I mean copy these 5 sub tasks from one story to multiple other stories.

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2019

At present (within Jira itself), it is not possible to create sub tasks for one story (or issue) and then copy them to already existing other stories.

Only the following workarounds exists:

1) Create a story and create sub tasks under this story. Now use this story and its sub tasks as a template to create other stories.

You can create a clone of this story and the sub tasks will also be cloned to the new story.

You can then change the details of the cloned story.

2) If you already have few stories created, you have created 5 sub tasks under 1 story: Create clone of sub tasks under the same story and then move these cloned sub tasks using the "move option" to the other story.clone-subtasks.png

John Cullom November 4, 2020

Thanks

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2019

Elements Copy & Sync is another app that will let you do this.

0 votes
Deleted user August 18, 2019

Hi @Surender Solanki

Yes, you can do this by using the Create on Transition for Jira app. You need to add a post function on one of the issue transition based on the condition then automation get creates new issues in required stories. You can go through the documentation page for complete information.

Regards,
Kishore Kumar Gangavath.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events