Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy from Confluence and paste in Outlook

David Cheng November 6, 2020

Basically want to copy a page from Confluence (in this case, a table) and paste to Outlook Email so that all the formatting will retain and send it out.

Seeing different behaviors from folks on the team and my own machine.  I can get this to work fine in my Macbook using Chrome and using Outlook 365.  On my Windows 10 machine and Outlook client installed, I lose the nice formatting when pasting in Outlook.  Tried this from Chrome, Firefox, both the Outlook client and Outlook 365.  What am I missing?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Martin Salece March 24, 2021

A working way to do this is to copy the table from the page source.

Top right three dots menu > view source

You can then highlight the table, copy, and paste into outlook and the formatting seems to stay intact. Screengrab below...Capture.PNG

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2020

@David ChengI recognize your problem.  This copy/paste seems to work in some environments and not in others.  One way to solve this, albeit a bit complicated, is to export the Confluence page to word, and then do the copy/paste.

David Cheng November 9, 2020

Hi Marc,  appreciate you taking the time and respond to my question.  I tried exporting to Word.  It doesn't retain the shading at the cell level.  But it does retain the boarder and rest of the format.  I guess it's a work around.  Just don't understand why some system it works fine and not others.  Very strange..

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events