Copy database and backup entire server for Confluence (with license)

Rodrigo Serra February 13, 2017

Hi,
We need to have one instance of slave Confluence.
This instance will be offline while master instance is working.
But when Master instance is switched off, we need to change the Slave instance to Master.
This means that the two instances will have the same (equal) database and filesystem.
This also means that license will be same for both instances.
The server hostname/IP will be diferent.
Is it ok to have same License on two different servers? It will work?
Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2017

Hey Rodrigo,

You can have a stage Environment with Development License. 

When you go to my.atlassian.com You can check View Development License Option under Confluence Server License

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 6.15.34 PM.png

Hope this helps out

Chander

Rodrigo Serra February 14, 2017

Hi Chander, thank you for your reply.

In that case, what I need ia a "backup server" in another datacenter. If I have a disaster with the master, for example, I just go to the slave(off) instance and turn it on.

So, I have doubts about how the license works, and what exactly I have to clone or sync, besides the database

Thank you.

Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2017

You need to check if all server configurations are up to date and caches/indexes directory is maintained consistent.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events