• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Copy/cut/paste columns in confluence table - new editor

In the new editor - I can't find the cut / copy then paste options for table rows and columns.

TableCutCopyPaste.jpg

Where are they in the new editor?  I'm working in the cloud.

5 answers

Ctrl-x ctrl-v This doesn't work with columns

I agree - this doesn't work with columns.  Attempting to copy and paste a column only copies the first cell.

Like # people like this
1 vote
philoye Atlassian Team Feb 28, 2019

You can use normal Cmd+X, Cmd+C, Cmd+V, along with their Windows equivalents using Control.

So - I tried that and my feedback is - it works if you know the exact steps to follow.  And this feels like a work around and not an improved process.

My PC is Windows 10 and I'm using Chrome.  

For Ctrl-X/C/V to work - the sequence is

1. highlight the row I want to move
  2. Use Ctrl-X to cut.  I cannot use RMB-Cut - because as soon as I RMB, the row unselects.
  3. Go to where I want to paste and insert a blank row.  If I don't insert the blank row, the paste will go over the existing content
  4. Click in the blank row and use Ctrl-V to paste

The specific table tools in the old editor were much more efficient and intuitive. I didn't find this solution because I was selecting the row and doing an RMB.

Like # people like this

Hi Philoye, can you PLEASE reinstate the buttons for cutting/pasting both rows and columns in tables? They are essential for the user-experience - and right now, the new table editor, really is just making things worse...

Like # people like this

The cool trick here  is that you can copy the content while you are in View Mode.  And then copy when you come to edit mode. This is working for me.

What a horrible experience. It was already a poor table editor in the previous version but this one is downright missing functionality.

I've been using Confluence since 2006 and I've only seen it stripped and go downhill. 

Best way to create a table is go to Google Sheets or Excel and paste it in when done

I fully agree - and I'm deeply disappointed...

Like # people like this

Yep, it's a complete bag of spanners this new editor.  
Column selection is totally non-existent on Safari on the Mac, and even when you force yourself to use Chrome just to edit tables the copy and paste is a random affair... we have got hundreds of tables in Confluence and the new editor makes it nigh on impossible to do simple row/column management.

0 votes

Actually this is quite easy if you want to copy - paste in the same column: select a row > right mouse > select Copy > go to the location where you want to copy > be sure there is an empty row > Paste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

480 views 24 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you