Copy and Paste table cell contents

Cheryl A. Minton November 3, 2017

Is there a way to copy and paste from multiple table cells into multiple table cells at the same time that would not be to copy and paste either an entire table, entire row, or entire column?

I don't see an option for doing this here:

||Windows||Action||Mac OS X||
|Ctrl+Shift+c|Copy the current table row, or the selected rows.|Cmd+Shift+c|
|Ctrl+Shift+i|Insert a table. (Opens the Insert Table dialog.)|Cmd+Shift+i|
|Ctrl+Shift+v|Paste the table rows from your clipboard, placing them above the current row.|Cmd+Shift+v|
|Ctrl+Shift+x|Cut the current table row, or the selected rows.|Cmd+Shift+x|
|Alt+Up Arrow|Add a row above the current row.|Alt+Up Arrow|
|Alt+Down Arrow|Add a row below the current row.|Alt+Down Arrow|

[Working with Tables|https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf57/working-with-tables-701434777.html]

When copying content in multiple cells now using Ctrl+c and pasting into multiple highlighted cells using Ctrl+v now, all of the contents are pasted into the first highlighted cell only.

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2017

Dear Cheryl, 

you are provide table in wiki markup hence you should set in markup

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 12.34.14.png

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Cheryl A. Minton November 6, 2017

Thanks, Gonchik. I appreciate your taking the time to provide an answer to my question.

I am specifically asking about copying multiple table cells (but not an entire row or column) and pasting them as multiple table cells rather than pasting the contents into one table cell only. 

Does it make a difference if the table was added using markup or the table macro?

Deleted user March 29, 2019

I don't get the answer that @Gonchik Tsymzhitov provided either.  I've tried pasting multiple cells into the markup and that still copies data into the first cell.

Toe Knee April 16, 2019

@[deleted],

i think @Gonchik Tsymzhitov (or one of the 5 other Gonchiks) was not answering the question at all. He was instructing the OP how to insert markup tables into his question, since he just pasted markup into the question.

The only good way i was able to do this was with an external spreadsheet program: i can copy tables to it, manipulate with it, then paste back the manipulated tables in confluence.

Like Maya Pedersen likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2019

@Cheryl A. Minton  

@Toe Knee 

@[deleted] 

Thanks for ping me, about multiple into multiple, as I said you can paste it by markup.

Also, you can put through Confluence source editor in xhtml format (like Confluence storage format)

And I would say now easy way is, also, copy and paste by some spreadsheet. e.g. Confluence support better and better the office docs,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-release-notes-327.html

Tom Yancey May 2, 2020

I figured out how to do this by having my document open in "view" mode in one window, and "edit" mode in another window. You can copy the cells from from "view" mode and paste them in your table in "edit" mode.

Like # people like this
Ingrid Snedecor May 6, 2021

Yes, it works!   This has been a long-standing issue in my work and this is an easy solution. Thanks @Tom Yancey

Dietz, Ken May 22, 2023

This was much easier in the non-cloud version of Confluence.  Cloud has some rather glaring deficiencies like this when compared to non-cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events