Copy and Paste table cell contents

Is there a way to copy and paste from multiple table cells into multiple table cells at the same time that would not be to copy and paste either an entire table, entire row, or entire column?

I don't see an option for doing this here:

||Windows||Action||Mac OS X||
|Ctrl+Shift+c|Copy the current table row, or the selected rows.|Cmd+Shift+c|
|Ctrl+Shift+i|Insert a table. (Opens the Insert Table dialog.)|Cmd+Shift+i|
|Ctrl+Shift+v|Paste the table rows from your clipboard, placing them above the current row.|Cmd+Shift+v|
|Ctrl+Shift+x|Cut the current table row, or the selected rows.|Cmd+Shift+x|
|Alt+Up Arrow|Add a row above the current row.|Alt+Up Arrow|
|Alt+Down Arrow|Add a row below the current row.|Alt+Down Arrow|

[Working with Tables|https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf57/working-with-tables-701434777.html]

When copying content in multiple cells now using Ctrl+c and pasting into multiple highlighted cells using Ctrl+v now, all of the contents are pasted into the first highlighted cell only.

1 answer

0 vote
Gonchik Tsymzhitov Community Champion Nov 04, 2017

Dear Cheryl, 

you are provide table in wiki markup hence you should set in markup

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 12.34.14.png

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Thanks, Gonchik. I appreciate your taking the time to provide an answer to my question.

I am specifically asking about copying multiple table cells (but not an entire row or column) and pasting them as multiple table cells rather than pasting the contents into one table cell only. 

Does it make a difference if the table was added using markup or the table macro?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,925 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you