Copied page contains broken inline comments that we can't delete

Ashley Honeycutt January 18, 2023

A user copied a page that had in-line comments. On the new page, the comment icons are there, but when clicked open a dialog box that says "The file cannon be displayed" and no comment visible in the side panel. There's no noticeable option to delete or even resolve the comment in both the view and edit screens for the page.

Any thoughts on how to remove these "comments" from the page?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2023

@Ashley Honeycutt The inline comments should not be copied with the page so it sounds like there might have been an issue with the page copy.  Is this happening on all pages?  Did you just make the copy, can you make another one to see if it does the same thing?

Ashley Honeycutt January 19, 2023

Hi @Brant Schroeder

It's not happening on all pages, just this particular one. I tried making a copy of the original into my personal space which worked as expected, NOT copying the inline comments over.

However, when I tried to copy the version with broken comments into my personal space, the broken comments still copy over. 

I suggested scrapping the page and starting from a fresh copy but apparently the user has made extensive edits to the copy that they would not want to lose by starting over.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2023

@Ashley Honeycutt Can you just copy and paste the content of the page into a page in your personal space?  

Ashley Honeycutt January 25, 2023

Hi @Brant Schroeder

I tried that and the broken comments copied as well. 

I noticed that the broken comments were associated with specific images in the document so deleting those and replacing them with the original file was how we were able to get rid of the comments.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2023

@Ashley Honeycutt great, glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events