Convert completed tasks to bullets in Confluence

Ari Fellman January 18, 2023

I am looking for a way to convert completed tasks in Confluence pages to bullet points

The reason:

I use confluence for my meeting minutes for some recurring meetings.

in order to keep the history of the discussions searchable, I create a new page for each occurrence and copy the minutes from the previous page to a new page.

This process includes:

• removing closed agenda items
  • adding agenda items
  • merging / splitting existing items
  • manually converting closed tasks to bullets
    • this is done to reduce the amount of so that owners don't get notifications for completed tasks

it is this last item I am trying to find a shortcut for

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2023

Hi @Ari Fellman ,

Just to make sure I understand your use case, you both save/keep each meeting minutes page AND copy the minutes from the previous page (which potentially gets longer and longer). I'm curious why the meeting minutes from previous meetings can't remain on their pages but need to be added to the most recent page created, since the existing pages can still be searched.

A couple ideas:

• What about using the Include macro so you just display in the new minutes page the content you need from the previous page? That way you aren't actually recreating it, just displaying it.
  • What about using just one page, and the meeting minutes that have passed get moved into an expand macro, and the current meeting minutes are visible.
  • Using a meeting note template and the decisions macro so that all the tasks and decisions and links to the meeting notes are automatically generated by Confluence. This won't show closed tasks admittedly, just the unfinished ones
Ari Fellman January 18, 2023

Some items that are on the agenda for a lengthy time, get rather extensive, but it is vital to keep the conversation in front of us, while they are still open.

the meetings in question are ongoing conversations, not where items are resolved in an hour's worth of work...

it's an interesting idea, to keep the expired items on one page, and have the running agenda on a separate page, I may try that....

However, I'm still curious to see if there is a way to run some sort of tool on a page, that would identify completed tasks, and convert them to bullets, or alternately do disable notifications for completed tasks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events