Content of a Confluence space - KPI for documentation practices

Thao Pham March 10, 2020

Hello,

Our Cie is using Confluence 7.1.2.

Our team has just implemented our Documentation process using Confluence.

I would like to have KPI of how many documented pages we have, how many attached documents we have per page and what are the last update date of these artifacts. 

As an example: 

• Parent page A - last update date
  • File 1 in A - last update date
  • File 2 in A - last update date
  • Child a of A - last update date
  • File 3 in a - last update date
  • Child b of A -  last update date  
  • Parent page B - last update date

We do not have any add-on and our Confluence admin team does not allow us to run SQL. 

Is there any solution, by miracle?

Many thanks in advance for your help. 

2 answers

0 votes
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 11, 2020

Another—sort of hacky—option is to use Confluence search to get the numbers you're looking at.

1. Select the space you want numbers for.
  2. Select whether you're looking for pages or attachments.
  3. Don't enter anything in the search box and click Search.

The number of search results tells you how many pages/attachments were found in the space that fit your criteria.
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 09.36.21.pngAlso, since your team is working on documentation in Confluence, K15t's guide might be useful to your team: https://www.k15t.com/rock-the-docs

Thao Pham March 13, 2020

Thanks for taking time to answer.

Your solution could be a good one however my need is to provide my management automatic dashboard, I can not ask them to do Search and moreover, I need # per folder so that we know how many pages, how many documents produced by each "team"/"project" 

0 votes
Prashant Sultania
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2020

Hello @Thao Pham

Hope, I understood your requirement correctly, if not please let me know.

In Confluence, there are 2 macros which you can use to fulfil your requirement. 

1) Recent Updated Macro: It will show you the recently updated pages in any space. You can select the space in the macro.

Recent updated.PNG

2) Attachments Macro: It will show you the recently added attachment in any page of the space. It will show you all the attachments.

Attachments.PNG

Hope this will help you, let me know if does not fulfil your requirement.

Thanks

Note:  Upvote or Like if it resolves your query.

Thao Pham March 11, 2020

Hello Prashant

I have tried to use 2 macros.

The Space attachment macro.

• The result is displayed per page and when I export to Word or Pdf, it shows only the 2 first pages and not the whole list. Is it something related to our Confluence environment or it's a known issue?   

The Recently updated macro

• Once I have updated my page with the macro, I got this message 'As you and your team create content this area will fill up and display the latest updates' and actually, nothing is displayed.

If you have further advise, then it would be helpful.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events