Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content indexing stops working

Andre Eikermann October 7, 2013

On our Confluence 5.2.3 the content indexing stops working after some time. After restarting confluence the index is rebuild.

I tried rebuilding the index from scratch, but after about 1 week the problem was back again.

Do you have any hints to resolve this problem?

3 answers

1 vote
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2013

Is there any errors related to "index" in the logs? I'd suggest to enable index debug logging. To do this, from Administration >> Logging and Profiling, add the following package, and set to DEBUG:

com.atlassian.confluence.search.lucene
Then,  let's try to rebuild the index from scratch and observe the situation if it makes any difference afterwards. You can refer to this documentation on how to rebuild it
Andre Eikermann October 15, 2013

I've enabled index debug logging and will check if there are any messages in the log.

Andre Eikermann October 29, 2013

I've checked the debug output. There were no errors. Rebuild the index from scratch helped only for a about a week. After that time the problem occurs again. I've got no idea what it could be. Every thing seems to be OK.

hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2013

Did you see something like this from the logs:

2013-10-08 08:21:15,531 DEBUG [Indexer: 2] [confluence.search.lucene.ReindexWorkBatch] indexCollection Progress: 17762 of 17762 total objects.
2013-10-08 08:21:15,531 DEBUG [Indexer: 2] [confluence.search.lucene.ReindexWorkBatch] run Worker finished

This indicates that index has been completed for all objects which also means that the index has completed successfully instead of broken halfway.

This issue could have been caused by a third-party plugin too. To check, temporarily enable Plugin Safe Mode and see if it makes any difference. This will disabled all user-installed plugins at once. So if the issue does not occur again, it is caused by one of the third-party plugins installed. This may need to be done during non-peak hours as disabling third-party plugins would cause users unable to perform some operations provided by those plugins. Once the test has been carried out, disable this mode.

0 votes
Andre Eikermann October 13, 2013

After checking the log files of Confluence again i've found some SQL-Exceptions saying something about connection problems.

I've added these two lines to confluence.cfg.xml:

<property name="hibernate.c3p0.validate">true</property>
<property name="hibernate.c3p0.preferredTestQuery">select 1</property>
The index process stopped working again after about one week.
0 votes
HosseinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2013

Hi, Please refer to our KB documentation on Confluence fails to process index queue automatically.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Confluence+Fails+to+Process+Index+Queue+Automatically

Hope this helps.

Andre Eikermann October 7, 2013

I've checked the file and the database table. There are no dates in the future.

Arnaud Abraham February 4, 2016

same problem since 1 year, if I stop using the apps about 6-12h, automatic queue is stopping.

rebuilt index from scratch is not working

no futur date in database (lastmodate)...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events