Content gets mixed up by using Include page macro

Marian Vidra February 25, 2020

Hi guys, any idea why the content of the page gets randomly spread out on the page after using of 'Include page macro'? The original content is in the order but then it gets mixed up. Is there any other way how to edit/fix it or should be any other macro used instead?

Original.PNG

The original content (above) is in the order but then it gets mixed up. Even in preview it looks alright (see the picture below).

Preview.PNG

But once it's Saved it gets randomly spread out all over the page.

Include page macro.PNG

Is there any other way how to edit/fix it or should be any other macro used instead?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2020

Hello @Marian Vidra !

As I understand, when a page is included inside another the formatting is lost inside the page where it was included.

With the behavior in mind, I have a couple questions for clarification:

1. Is the original page (the one being included) using the New Editor (Fabric) or the Old Editor (tinyMCe)?
  2. Is the page which received the inclusion using the New Editor (Fabric) or the Old Editor (tinyMCe)?
  3. Is this happening with any page that you try to include?
  4. Is any other user able to see this problem?

You can identify the new and old editors based on their toolbars. Here is what they look like:

New Editor

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 12.56.00.png

Old Editor

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 12.56.11.png

Let us hear from you!

Marian Vidra April 27, 2020

Hello @Diego 

Correct, when a page is included it gets spread out all over the page.

1. The original page is using New editor

2. The page which received the inclusion is using New editor as well

3. Old editor inclusion to New editor worked fine

4. It's stored on public space which means it's accessible and visible to everyone including our customers

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2020

Hello again @Marian Vidra !

Thanks for the extra information. During this time between replies, I was able to find this bug:

This means that the Include Page applies the Legacy Editor (tinyMCE) styling to everything inside it. The result of such behavior is that pages created with styling exclusive to the New Editor (Fabric) will have severe inconsistency when included in the Macro.

Currently, there is no workaround for this behavior. The only way to avoid it would be to keep using the Legacy Editor when creating new pages. As you have noticed, Legacy Editor pages do not suffer from the behavior described.

If you do not have the Legacy Editor, you can request it. More information can be found here:

I hope this clears things up! Looking forward to your reply.

Marian Vidra May 14, 2020

Hello @Diego Canto Rodrigues

Don't get me wrong but this is not what I expected.

Firstly, I got your answer after 2 months since I raised this issue.

Secondly, you just informed me you found the bug but there is no workaround for it. By the way, that Jira issue was opened a year ago. 

I can't imagine we'd provide such delayed support to our customers and then just inform them we found a bug and let it sit there for a year.

Regards,

Marian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events