Content Table list

lawrence_zabala October 16, 2016

Hi,

I need a macro where I can take certain pages and list them into a "status" table. What I wanted was a table to have a dynamic list of rows (pages). And then my columns will be my versions (16.1, 16.2, etc..). I plan to append the columns along the way while my version increases. I tried Content Report Table macro but the columns are not editable. And I was thinking more of a specific page and it's children rather than using labels but I can't seem to find a way to list pages and its children.. My goal so that whenever I add another child page on the main page, this "status" table gets updated automatically.. How can I achieve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2016

If you just need to list the page titles then the Page Tree macro will do the trick.

If you need a table with definable columns that will update automatically when a new page is added, you need the Page Properties Report macro.  Bear in mind that this does use labels, but you can display whatever columns the Page Properties macro table contains. 

If you've not used these before, you add a Page Properties macro to a page and add a table to the macro, containing rows of data.  This data will be displayed in the Page Properties Report with one row for every page that has the Page Properties macro on it.

More info:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/page-properties-macro-724765240.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/page-properties-report-macro-724765250.html

lawrence_zabala October 17, 2016

I don't think this is what I need. I want a table that could list down pages dynamically, but the columns can be edited.. I have an application that has a number of modules in it. I have standard implementations that needs to be on all of the modules. I need a table that would list down all of these standard implementations, and then several other columns pertaining to multiple versions. This would then enable me to have a checklist of all my standards on several versions..

Standard   |  1.0  |  2.0  |  3.0  |

Stndrd 1    |   Y    |   N   |   N    |

Stndrd 2    |   Y    |   Y   |   Y    |

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2016

Unfortunately it's an either/or situation.  Either your table can be created dynamically, OR your table can be edited. 

The only possible (clunky) workaround I can think of is to have a table that contains a macro in each cell along the header to return the page name.  That would give you a dynamic link to each page, but you'd have to add each page manually to your table.

Other than that kind of solution I don't think what you want can be done in Confluence.  There may be a plugin that does it though?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events