Content Report Table Macro "And" functionality

IT Accounts April 24, 2017

Is there a way to let the `content report table` macro operate on an 'AND' query instead of 'OR'

For instance if my labels are: `kb-troubleshooting-article, application-name` I get All articles with EITHER or BOTH labels. I would like to only get `kb-troubleshooting-article` lableded items which are ALSO labelled with `application-name` 

I'm hoping this is possible as it seems sensible? If not, is there a location to add feature requests? I know it'd be a longer term wait for adding it if it doesn't exist.

2 answers

4 votes
Matthew Ray May 15, 2017

It seems the content report table macro is quite limited in its functionality, in that you can't use operators for the labels or customise it in any way.

I'm trying to do the same as you - have an application support page which lists only KB articles related to that particular app.  I found the 'content by label macro' to be much better. Although it doesn't lay out results in a table, it does allow multiple operators through filters. For example, to show all 'kb-troubleshooting-article' and 'kb-how-to-article' pages for the 'MyApp' application, I set the following filters:

label: MyApp

label: kb-troubleshooting-article kb-how-to-article

Of type: page

In space: current space

Multiple labels within the same label filter are evaluated with 'OR' operators, and multiple label filters are evaluated as 'AND'.  Under options you can choose whether to show/hide the labels, which could be useful

Hope this helps!

0 votes
kai_weber September 20, 2021

I have the same issue. I need to have the "Creator" and the "Modified" column that comes with the "Content Report Table" and that is not implemented with the "Content by Lable" macro. But it is important to connect at least two lables with AND!

Is there any solution? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events