Content Report Table Macro Compile Error

Martin_Nitschke June 27, 2018

Good day,

I am trying to use the Confluence macro "Content Report Table". On the preview as well as on the saved page I always get the Error:

"Unable to compile Soy templates at: com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-content-report-plugin:resources"

Can anyone tell me please how to fix this problem?

I tested it in Confluence Server version 6.6.0 and 6.10.0 with the same result.

Thank you in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2018

Hi Martin,

Can you trigger the error again and let us know what comes up in the Confluence Server error logs at the same time?

Regards,

Shannon

Martin_Nitschke June 28, 2018

Hi Shannon,

can I get a email address to send you the log entries. It's over 600 lines and they contain some internal information which should not be published here.

Thank you

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2018

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately I don't have an email address you can send that to but you can just post the relevant lines, for example, the first few lines that start with ERROR and then the very last few that end with "caused by:" There's no need to send all 600 from the thread. You can feel free to cut out the internal information that isn't necessary to help narrow down the issue. 

Regards,

Shannon

Martin_Nitschke June 28, 2018

Hi Shannon,

after read the whole important messages again I saw that the problem is that we are disable the "Confluence Sortable Table" system add-on.

I activated it and now the macro is displayed correctly.

I am sorry that I read this just now.

Is there any chance to keep the "Confluence Sortable Table" disabled but using the macro anyways?

Thank you

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 29, 2018

Hi Martin,

Since they're both add-ons native to Confluence, they shouldn't be conflicting with one another, and we'd be having more reports if that was the only thing causing the conflict. Let me dive deeper into this for you.

I'm running a basic test right now in Confluence 6.9.1. If you're having the issue in 6.6.0 through 6.10.0 it should be reproducible in 6.9.1 as well, but I'm not able to reproduce.

If you were to create a basic test label with just a few pages, nothing too complicated, and insert the Content Report Table on a page (only that), do you still encounter the issue?

Would you mind sharing with me the important message that you saw? I can search that and any more specific error messages to see if anyone else has reported this and what other macros might be interfering with the two working together.

Thank you!

Shannon

Martin_Nitschke July 4, 2018

Hi Shannon,

I am sorry that I answered not earlier.

The important message was:

Caused by: com.atlassian.soy.renderer.SoyException: Unable to compile Soy templates at: com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-content-report-plugin:resources

and

Caused by: com.google.common.util.concurrent.UncheckedExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Required plugin module com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-sortable-tables:sortable-table-hooks was either missing or disabled

Greetings

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
July 4, 2018

Martin,

You get the error about sortable tables being disabled when it's enabled, correct? 

Can you confirm my other suggestions on ways to test? In addition to the "caused by" lines, what does the ERROR line say?

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

I am sorry for this misunderstandig. When I enable the Sortable-Table Add-On the Content Report Macro works correctly without any error.

I just want to know if there is any way to let the "Sortable-Table" Macro disabled but use the Content Report Macro without an error.

Thank you

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
July 4, 2018

Martin,

Is there any reason you need to disable the Sortable-table macro? It seems that it's a system add-on thus Confluence needs it for certain macros to be able to function.

Regards,

Shannon

HI Shannon, 

my Team decided a long time ago that we won't use the Sortable-Tables because in our documentation we have a lot of tables containing cell which are kind of span over more than one row or line, but they are not configured like that meaning all the corresponding cells are left blank. This results in a mess up of the relation between rows and columns. But this a specialty of our documentation.

So to prevent that other users get confused by accidentally clicking on a table header, we switched off that feature.

Hope you can understand the problem.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
July 4, 2018

Thank you, Martin.

I understand, and I even found documentation regarding that.

I can now replicate this on my instance, and I've reported it as a bug:

Could you please comment on that as well with your use case and your experiences? I would also recommend you vote on the bug, since it helps us keep track of the number of users who are running into the issue.

Thank you so much! Sorry it took a while to get there. :) 

Shannon

Thank you for creating a ticket concerning this problem. I voted for it and added a comment.

Thank you very much for your help and the constructive conversation very well. Additionally, I want to thank you for your patient and spending time on that problem to handle it with me.

Greetings from Germany and have a nice weekend.

Martin

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
July 5, 2018

No problem at all, Martin! My pleasure!

Have a great weekend.

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events