Connexion lost between Jira and conflence

Franck Biellmann December 21, 2017

Hello.

I had created the application link between Jira and confluence, months ago, and it used to work until December, 20th.

Users declared on Jira (7.4.3) could connect also on Confluence (6.5.1).

On December, 20th, I updated the system pluggins on Confluence (troubleshooting and something else...).

Since then, impossible for the users to connect on Confluence (while it still works on Jira).

They get the following error message"The following error has appeared : Sorry, an error appeared while connecting. please retry" (Something like this, as the real french message was : "L'erreur suivante s'est produite :
Désolé, une erreur s'est produite lors de la tentative de connexion. Veuillez recommencer.").

I removed and created again the application link between Confluence and Jira. But without result.

Can you please help?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hi Franck,

I understand that users defined in JIra cannot log into Confluence any more since some system plugins were updated. It sounds like you can log into Confluence as an administrator, since you mentioned you rebuilt the application link.

If no one at all can log in, including administrators, then please follow Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights to gain access to Confluence, first.

Linking Confluence to other applications (application links) allows you to include information from those applications in pages or blogs that you create in Confluence. Application links are not necessary to connect to Jira for user management.

To authenticate users from Jira, the User Directory has to be configured in Confluence and Jira User Server has to be set up in Jira. Please check your setup based on: Connecting Confluence to Jira applications for User Management

I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Thanks,

Ann

Franck Biellmann December 22, 2017

Hello.

Hello Ann.

Thank you for your anwser.

The Jira User Directory already existed in Confluence.

It is just that the connexion did not work anymore (com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: Forbidden (403) Erreur "403 - Forbidden" rencontrée lors du chargement de cette page. client.forbidden.exception).

So, I deleted it (On Jira : Jira User server), and created it again... 

I still got the message "com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: Forbidden (403) Erreur "403 - Forbidden" rencontrée lors du chargement de cette page. client.forbidden.exception"

Please note that now, my user admin account is no more allowed to connect.

I have to use the recevory solution to connect and test.

But I am still blocked : the connection does not work anymore.

And I can also not even create local users on COnfluence : I have reached the limit of 10 users. And this limit remains, even when I delete the directory sync. .....

So, where are now blocked with a Confluence solution where we can no more connect... And I do not want to remove it to install it back: There is some material on it...

Thank you for your support;

Franck.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events