Connecting confluence server to confluence cloud.

Tyron Deonarine October 21, 2020

Hello, is it possible to connect my local confluence server to a cloud instance of confluence? So both servers can sync and  have the same data. Even maybe in the event of migrating to a cloud instance of confluence.

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2020

I have used this plugin to sync in one direction to an external server instance: comala-remote-publishing.

Maybe they are working on a solution that will publish to the Cloud?

Thank you. Will check this out.

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2020

Hi Tyron, welcome to the Community!

Currently there's no official tooling for syncing two Confluence (Cloud or Server) instances together.

There are some ways you might go about doing this with scripting, although the instances will be out of date with each other nearly all the time...

Instead of doing any of these though, I would advocate for working on a migration. Keeping two instances up to date and trying to guide users through which to use is not a job I would want anyone to try.

The Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant can copy selected spaces (or all the spaces) to Confluence Cloud. You can do this multiple times without harming the data on your local Server instance. This lets you try out a migration, see what your site looks like in Cloud, correct any issues, and copy the data again. When you're ready, migrate up and remove permissions from the Confluence Server instance so that users don't edit page there by mistake. Check out the Cloud migration hub for more detailed info on planning and carrying out a migration.

Cheers,
Daniel

Thank you for the information!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events