Connect Confluence Mobile via VPN

qhr October 27, 2020

Hello!

I try to connect to my self-hosted Confluence instance via VPN from mobile app (for server).

I specify the IP address, press the next button and get into the window with an error:
Something went wrong. We're not sure what happened, but logging back in should fix it.

When I try to connect from browser - everything is OK.

Via VPN I can connect only with IP address. But base server URL is set to like http://<domainname>.

I've found information about connect via VPN and Firewalls.
"The mobile app will also attempt to check the compatibility of your site prior to presenting the login screen. If you've configured a custom filter to prevent unauthenticated requests to your server, you will need to change it to allow <confluence-base-url>/rest/nativemobile/1.0/info/login  to pass through without authentication. "

I haven't configured any custom filter, but how can I check it?
Maybe this is the problem?

Best Regards,
Dmitry

2 answers

0 votes
Cark Quinn
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 14, 2021

Vpn for phones is different from VPN for pc because the phone is completely different geodata systems and the point of location of the device. And for all this to be adjusted their settings and there are VPN only for PCs or only for phones or both. But not everyone knows where to look for VPN for phones and don’t know about sites with reviews and information about this. Therefore, I will tell you about https://pinpointvpn.com/.
Thanks to this review service, I found a great VPN service for me and it helps me a lot to stay anonymous online.
I hope that I was able to help you and you will find the application and information that you need.

Boltnet Admin March 16, 2021

SSH TLS TCP HTTP+ SOCKSI UDP FTP STP HTTP WS+ THIS SESTEM VPN apk THIS SESTEM VPN APK MAKE UNDERSTAND

0 votes
Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2020

Try to access {{<confluence-base-url>/rest/nativemobile/1.0/info/login}} from the browser on your mobile while connected to the VPN. This is what Confluence app does, but you can see what it gets in response.

qhr October 27, 2020

Thank you for your reply.

I've tried it and got this:
{"instance-name":"My wiki","base-url":"http://<domainname>"}

Not IP address.

Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2020

So can you access your Confluence using the URL?

qhr October 27, 2020

No, I cannot access my Confluence, because domain name has been configured only for intranet. I cannot change this.

Via VPN I can connect only with IP:port.
And I cannot change base-URL for Confluence.

Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2020

I'm not sure if you can bypass it especially if Confluence app does check the actual login URL by the API response. However, what you can do is to ask your VPN admins to setup DNS push for the local domain so you can have proper URL resolution when connected to the VPN thus use Confluence base URL.

Like qhr likes this
qhr October 28, 2020

I can make changes to the config files of Confluence.
Maybe from the server side I can remove this check of the actual login URL?
Or can add some exceptions for connect from mobile app?

As for VPN admins, this is the first question that I've asked. But he told that he cannot do anything in this situation. That's strange, I know...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events