Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Confluence Cloud with Jira Server

Felix Herrmann March 29, 2021

Good Morning,

we want to connect Confluence Cloud with a Jira Server . 

The Jira Server application is behind our firewall, so we need to set IP addresses and domains on whitelist that these instances can "work" together

I found a description for this here: 

https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/ip-addresses-and-domains-for-atlassian-cloud-products/

But is it really necessary to set alle these IPs and domains on the whitelist ? Or is there a way to set just a specific one ? 

And it is also not clear to us which security protocol it uses and which port it needs. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2021

Hi Felix,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to have you join us! To answer your question, yes, you need to whitelist the complete IP ranges and domains for the connection to work correctly. You can refer to the article you referenced, "IP addresses and domains for Atlassian cloud products," on why this is necessary. 

I also recommend reviewing the page, "Link to server apps from Cloud." You can refer to this to be sure your Jira server meets the requirements. 

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events