Confluence wont export the pictures within a table into Word

Linus Schlepp December 1, 2021

I'm exporting multiple tables from Confluence into word. But for some reason the pictures within the tables can't be displayed in Word (It just shows the hyperlink when I am hovering over the picture).Screenshot 2021-12-02 071754.png

Does anybody know, what is causing this issue or how I am able to fix it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2021

Hey @Linus Schlepp 

What do you mean by exporting? Do you just Copy / Paste it or do you use the export to word function? 

The cause could be, that the picture is a link to the internet and the word file has no connection to this. So Word can't display the picture. 

Regards, Dominic

Linus Schlepp December 2, 2021

Hey @Dominic Lagger ,

i'm not copying anything, I'm using the standard "Export to Word"-function of Confluence.

What's interesting is that, if I export the individual sites to Word, everything is fine and all the pictures are getting exported, but if I want to export all sites at once the pictures wont be displayed in Word.

I have read that Confluence has problems exporting documents with over 50 pictures to Word, but my document has less than 50 pictures, so this problem doesn't apply here. 

Cheers, Linus

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2021

Can you explain to me, how do you export all sites?

As far as I know, only single pages can be exported to word. And this case is working fine for you, and for me either. 

I do not export all sites at once (I may miscommunicated that earlier). I export one "main-page" with all its "sub-pages".

Unfortunately, the single page-export is not what I need, because in my main-page I have installed a table-filter-macro, which enables me to filter all the tables in the "sub-pages" (according to my requirements). These filtered "sub-pages" then need to be exported to Word, which works fine, except for the pictures 

Cheers, Linus 

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2021

I'm still not able to export multiple confluence pages into one word file. Perhaps I still do not understand correctly...

But you give me a hint. You need a table-filter. Could it be, that this table filter may be causing the problem? 

Can you share us a printscreen from confluence?

I'm sorry, but what is a printscreen? 

Cheers, Linus 

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2021

A printscreen is also called a screenshot, which mean: "A screenshot, also known as screen capture or screen grab, is a digital image that shows the contents of a computer display."

With a screenshot I can help a little bit better, so I can see, what you are trying to do. 

Hey @Dominic Lagger ,

I have a lot Printscreens for you now, let me explain: 

explanation.png

This picture resembles, the "structure" of my pages, the page "test_all_pages_filter_option" contains the filter macro. The pages in "cover_page_test" includes the pages, which include the tables, which have to be filtered. 

Word.png

If I choose to use the export-option on the page "test_all_pages_filter_option_" right next to the share-button in the top right corner of the screen (Like previously mentioned if I press this button on e.g. page_test_3 the export works fine, but this is not what I need). Confluence produces an almost empty Word-Document, like this: 

emptyword.png

If I decide to use the export-function on "test_all_pages_filter_option" given by the macro: 

Makro.png

It produces a totally normal Word-output, except for the fact that the pictures are missing in the tables. 

table.png

I know this is a lot to process and I hope I could show you in a more or less decent manner what my issue is.

Cheers, Linus 

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2021

Okay, now I think I see the problem.

In your confluence cloud instance, there is an app installed called "Table filter and charts".

This is an extension. Unfortunately, I do not have this extension in my confluence cloud. But I think, there is a problem / bug with this function "Export to Word".

I think, you have to contect the stiltsoft team

https://jsd.stiltsoft.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/user/login?destination=portal%2F2 

Regards, Dominic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events