Confluence won't load in Edge

Steven Kent June 2, 2020

I'm trying to open Confluence (Cloud) in Edge; I get a completely blank screen (no logo, nothing) but (strangely) View Source seems to indicate it's loaded.

Jira is loading just fine.

All updates complete, Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Zack Foster June 3, 2020

I raised a support ticket for this and the Atlassian support tech told me to update to the latest version of Edge. Since I was already on the latest version of Legacy (pre-chromium) Edge, I went ahead and updated to the new chromium edge (Version 83.0.478.44). 

Seems to work, although this probably isn't helpful for enterprise folks or anyone in a restricted environment, so YMMV. 😅

Edit - Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

Steven Kent June 3, 2020

Yes, that's worked for me. Upgraded to Chromium Edge Version 83.0.478.44 and Confluence is visible again.

Like • Zack Foster likes this
Zack Foster June 3, 2020

A later reply from Atlassian also included a link to their browser support standards: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/supported-browsers-744721663.html

Taking the wording literally, Atlassian only supports the newer Edge, not Legacy Edge. Atlassian also doesn't plan to add any error messaging around browser incompatibility. 

Like • Megan Stanage likes this
Wouter van den Eerenbeemt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 4, 2020

Thanks Zack for the clarification.

That's what we call a workaround :-) and indeed for our client organisations who are (mostly) on enterprise managed municipality, state, water authorithy and educational systems I do not (yet) know what the impact would be.

Of course I understand that the support of outdated browsers always is a pain in the ### ad I myself am perfectly happy using Chrome etc. The usage of Edge on our normal website is less than 5%, so we'll manage.

0 votes
Bernd Kaufmann June 3, 2020

I am experiencing the same thing. Strangely enough it works perfectly on another machine with the same Windows version (10.0.18362 Build 18362) and same Edge version as Steven_kent is using. Here's a screenshot from my console:

Capture.PNG

Wouter van den Eerenbeemt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 3, 2020

I agree with Bernd and Steven.

We are having the same error in Microsoft Edge 44.19041.1.0 (Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.19041) today on Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.264]. A colleague of mine has the same result on 44.18362.449.0 (Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.18363).

Due to the non technical setup of Confluence Cloud we have no means of fixing this.

Anyone got any ideas? Because I think the https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/supported-browsers-744721663.html page maybe should be revised?

I have a go live on a Online Help for our SaaS solution in a few weeks and would like this very much to be fixed.

Aantekening 2020-06-03 125045.png

Patrick Moore
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 3, 2020

We are also running into this issue. Trying to debug it a little more looks like it's a problem with the spread operator inside of @atlaskit/editor-core/dist/es2019/plugins/context-panel/index.js.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events