Confluence with Wikipedia like functionalities?

Wolfgang Göbl July 4, 2018

Hi everybody.

I want to set up a wiki where everybody (not only named users) can contribute and edit pages.

Changed pages must be approved by editors before they are published.

It should look way better than wikipedia, and it should be much easier to edit content than wikipedias plattform (MediaWiki).

Is this possible via Confluence Cloud? via Confluence on Premise?

Thx

Wolfgang

2 answers

0 votes
Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2018

Hi @Wolfgang Göbl,

Confluence does support anonymous user access, and you can give those users add/edit rights to your pages (although Atlassian doesn't recommend it). If you utilized Comala Workflows, you could have every page pass through an approval process before it is shared publicly. Comala Workflows is available for Confluence server, while Comala Workflows Lite is our less full-featured product for Cloud. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you about Workflows.

Wolfgang Göbl July 4, 2018

Mike, thank you for your quick reply,

Anonymous user - is it possible in Confluence to use CAPTCHAs to ensure that anonymous users are not used by trolls?

Comala looks great.

Is it possible to start with plain confluence pages and add it later?

Is installation / configuration easy or does it need programming or experts?

Regards,

Wolfgang

Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2018

Hi @Wolfgang Göbl,

Confluence does have CAPTCHA functionality for a number of functions, including logins, page creation etc. The admin isn't very deep, but it should get the job done for you. More details can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-captcha-for-spam-prevention-169970.html

You can certainly add Workflows to an existing install, in fact that's how most users first deploy the product. As for installation, that's a hard question to answer without knowing a lot more about your unique needs. But, provided that one of our "out of the box" workflows meets your requirements, then it wouldn't require any complex configuration. You can also try our products for free for 30 days through the Atlassian Marketplace. 

Let me know if I can help further!

0 votes
Prashant Mali
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 4, 2018

Hi @Wolfgang Göbl ,

I would suggest to try Comala Workflow Plugin for Confluence(https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/142/comala-workflows?hosting=server&tab=overview). You can manage workflow in confluence too for approvals.

thanks,

Prashant

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events