Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence with AWS Elastic Load Balancer

Pete Carpenter November 19, 2015

Hi,

I recently installed Confluence on EC2, and I have an ELB in front of it which which translates port 80 through to the confluence port. The ELB in turn has a DNS CNAME through which we access. The confluence server is configured to only allow traffic to and from the ELB.

Pretty much everything works fine - URLs are rendered as expected, I can create content and links work correctly, except in a couple of places I've spotted:

1) If I go to the Spaces Directory page, all the Spaces links do not work as they are trying to use the underlying confluence server IP rather than the elb and cname.

2) Same with some of the links in Notifications - links to the modified pages are using the underling IP, but links for Stop Watching, Reply and Like are all rendered correctly.

Is there some additional configuration that needs to be done on the confluence server? I've found a few similar posts here on AWS ELB, but none with any definitive answers.

Pete

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pete Carpenter November 23, 2015

Managed to find the server base url setting in general config, switched this to the external host and all seems to be working great now.

Anshuman Bakshi January 24, 2018

Hi Pete,

I am also trying to install Confluence on EC2, and we also have an ELB in front of it which translates through port 80 through to the confluence port. the installation works fine on terminal but when it redirects us to web page of confluence installation and after setting up database connection successfully and clicking on next page, it gets wrecked and shows JMX and spring context error. 

Please let me know if you could help on installing confluence behind AWS ELB.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events