Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence will not start due to fatal error in Confluence cluster

GLAM SOFTWARE September 9, 2022

When I went to see my confluence, I saw that it was not available and that it gave me the following error:

Confluence had problems starting up

This page is for Confluence administrators. If you're seeing this page, your Confluence administrator is probably working to restore the service.

DescriptionTimeLevelException
Non Clustered Confluence: Database is being updated by another Confluence instance. Please see http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/mwiyCg for more details.
2022-08-24 03:02:33fatal 
If you're unable to fix the problems and need to contact support, we can respond faster if you provide the logs of your instance.

I don't know why this suddenly happened to me. What should I do to get my confluence back?

3 answers

1 vote
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Hello @GLAM SOFTWARE 

You need to contact your system admin the person responsible for the system administration of your confluence server vm.

BR, Olga

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2022

Hi @GLAM SOFTWARE ,

please verify that there are no other Confluence instance active on the same DB.

This should six your issue.

Fabio

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2022

This means what it says - you've tried to start a second instance of Confluence Server pointed at a database that is already in use by an existing Confluence Server.  (This may actually be the same physical install, but it's the second process that won't work)

You'll need to check the configuration of your Confluence, identify where the first one is running, and either use that, or shut it down and start your instance.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events