Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence wildcard (* and ?) prefix search not working

K May 8, 2014

When we try to execute a wildcard search in our confluence instance using a prefix of * or ? we do not receive any results. For example, "*ale" or "?ale" returns no results, even though we do have documents that have the word "sale" within. There are no other filters added on the search criteria. I am seeing the same behavior on our testing instance. Is there any setting in the admin console for this or has anybody else dealt with this issue?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
K May 12, 2014

Working with support, they have identified this to be a bug. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-33631is the associated bug task

0 votes
Michael Kornatzki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2016

After more then two years no fix sad

0 votes
K May 9, 2014

Using 5.4.3. A content re-index did not change the results of the search with a wild card. I recently (about a week ago) also built the indices from scratch. That was prior to this issue being discovered, but I am fairly sure this is the first time we have tried this type of complex searching.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

What version of Confluence are you using? Have you tried the content reindex?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events