Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence v5.4 upgrade No Profile Macros / cannot be enabled

MattV December 10, 2013

After upgrading from 4.1 -> 4.3.7 intermediate upgrade -> 5.4 everything seems to be working but one of the core addons, profile macros is not working so the 'people' tab just says Unknown Macro: {profile} over and over.

There is no way to enable the Macros Addon in the addon management, the primary addon and the modules are just grayed out without any enable option. Is this a dependency or conflict ?

The log says this as most pages load, since I assume it's trying to load profiles all over the place:

2013-12-10 16:12:41,289 WARN [ajp-8109-4] [atlassian.plugin.webresource.DefaultResourceDependencyResolver] resolveDependencies Cannot include disabled web resource module: confluence.macros.profile:profile-macro-styles

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MattV December 10, 2013

Took this question to official support, for me the solution was simply change the plugin status in the database with this procedure:

1. Backup your database!
  2. Shutdown Confluence.
  3. Get the current results from this query:
    select BANDANAVALUE from BANDANA where BANDANAKEY = 'plugin.manager.state.Map';
  4. if these results contain 'confluence.macros.profile' with a boolean value of false below it then modify the FULL query result from the previous step to say the macro plugin boolen's value is true instead of false like so:
    <string>confluence.macros.profile</string>
        <boolean>true</boolean>
  5. Run this update statement with the full XML results between <map> ... </map> and the modfication made in #4
    UPDATE BANDANA SET BANDANAVALUE = "<insert new xml here>' WHERE BANDANAKEY = 'plugin.manager.state.Map';
  6. Start Confluence

Changing the value in the back end this way worked for me since I couldn't change it on the front-end add-on admin page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events