Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence usage stats plug-in

Chris Bosso January 11, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: View Space Activity

Is the Confluence usage stats plug-in available for Confluence cloud instances? It is disabled on my cloud instance and I can't find a way to enable it.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2017

It's disabled by default and Cloud users don't have the rights to enable it.

You can ask https://support.atlassian.com to enable it for your instance, but be aware that it may affect performance and they may not do it.

Warren LaFountain October 2, 2017

Hi Nic

Are you aware of any actual documentation for the Usage Stats System Plug-in? I'm looking for something with more detail than the View Space Activity link, and despite my repeated searches on the subject, I haven't been able to locate anything substantive.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

That's because it doesn't do anything more that is not documented on that page!  What else are you looking for?

Warren LaFountain October 2, 2017

I'm looking for information about where the information is gathered from. I'm assuming it's a database that I could access from outside of confluence and use as an input for reporting purposes.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2017

It's simple view tracking as pages are requested, stored alongside the pages.  The tracking add-on has to be enabled for it to gather the data.

0 votes
Patrick Dufresne April 4, 2018

How much does this slow down your instance? I'd think we're relatively small but just want to make sure I don't take on this add-on if it significantly impacts performance.

Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

Our performance graphs tell us that you would have to install around 50 to 100 atlassian cloud apps in order to see any performance slowdown caused by installing apps. And even then the effect would be minimal and hard to detect. We poured a lot of effort into making cloud apps performance over the past year.

Patrick Dufresne April 5, 2018

Thanks Robert,

Who is the best person to reach out to from Atlassian to turn on this feature? From what I can see there doesn't seem to be any additional cost associated with this it's just the the default is turned off.

Thanks

Patrick

Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2018

You should be able to go to the Atlassian marketplace and install one that does the job: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=analytics

Patrick Dufresne April 5, 2018

Thanks,

These all look like they are third party applications. From my initial understanding (I could be wrong), there was one by Atlassian that was free that could give me analytics within the confluence app. Does this not exist?

Thanks again

Patrick

Patrick Dufresne May 1, 2018

@Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_ just following up with my last comment, did you know of any Atlassian owned analytics feature we can turn on vs a third party app?

Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2018

The Atlassian one is documented at https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/viewing-site-statistics-123043962.html (trust it when it tells you it does not scale too well though!)

Patrick Dufresne May 1, 2018

Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, by scaleable do you mean it slows things down a bunch or it's just not that intuitive?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2018

Slows stuff down when you have a medium or larger Confluence.

0 votes
Chris Bosso January 12, 2017

Thanks all. Atlassian enabled the plug in for me. And you are correct, the graphs don't seem to work. I've requested investigation from Atlassian and installed the trial plugin that Tim recommended.

0 votes
Tim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2017

Hi Chris,

We've built an add-on, Analytics for Confluence Cloud that gives you usage stats and analytics in Confluence Cloud.

At a space level you get a great overview of created, updated and view activity and at the page level you can see exactly who has viewed a specific page or blog. It gives you a lot more than the old usage stats would offer.

Is that what you're looking for?

0 votes
Atlassian Team
January 11, 2017

There are also other add-on on the Atlassian Marketplace that might solve this problem for you. See: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=analytics

0 votes
Chris Bosso January 11, 2017

Thanks guys. I've opened a ticket with Atlassian.

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2017

I believe there is only the Global Activity add-on as part of Cloud, but you need to open a ticket with Atlassian to turn it on. Bear in mind that it might slow "large instances." Also, there seems to be a bug whereby it no longer graphs but still shows the stats numerically.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events