Confluence upgrade to version 5.5

MilanCiti May 22, 2014

Hello All,

I am setting up linux test environment for Confluence upgrade, I downloaded atlassian-confluence-5.5.tar.gz, unpacked it, did setting properly and start it, then choose trial version and enter the license , after that set Jira as user management. How can I switch to use test Oracle db, instead of emb HSQL ( which is deafult ). Is there GUI settings or I need to modify confluence.cfg.xml and server.xml , with restarting Confluence itself ? Please, advise on this. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Milan

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MilanCiti May 25, 2014

Finally, it's working. I choose 'Production installation' and set external database. I checked Oracle DB tables, and indeed there is BANDANA. Thank you Rodigo for your hint.

Regards,

Milan

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2014

Hi Milan.

Great to hear that my suggestion worked for you :)

Have a great day!

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2014

Hi Milan,

From the error above, it seems the table doesn't exist in Oracle database. Do you have a backup of confluence in Oracle or is this the first time you are using confluence?

If this is the first time that you are using and you don't have a backup in Oracle, then you'll have to install confluence from scratch by deleting the home folder and starting confluence again.

Then you'll see the same initial setup window and you must choose production installation -> external database -> Oracle. By doing this, confluence will install in the database and create the necessary tables and other configurations to run.

Edit. Also remember to place the Oracle JDBC driver in the correct folder before starting confluence as stated here.

cheers!

Rodrigo

MilanCiti May 25, 2014

Hello Rodrigo

Thank you for your feedback. JUst to doble check :

Is this valid approch , even if I have evaluation license and I setting test environment ( as suggested ) before upgrade. Yes, it was first and now I wanted to switch to Oracle DB. For me it's not the problem to start from scratch.

Regards,

Milan

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2014

Hi Milan, you'll need to edit the confluence.cfg.xml file (no need to edite the server.xml). You can see more details about connection Confluence with Oracle in this doc. Also, if you want to migrate the information from your HSQL to your new Oracle database, check the steps here.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

MilanCiti May 25, 2014

Hello All

I changed confluence.cfg.xml, also I have JDBC driver ( ojdbc6.jar in <Conf install>/confluence/WEB_INF/lib directory ).

Content of confluence.cfg.xml

<property name="hibernate.c3p0.acquire_increment">1</property>

<property name="hibernate.c3p0.idle_test_period">100</property>

<property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_size">30</property>

<property name="hibernate.c3p0.max_statements">0</property>

<property name="hibernate.c3p0.min_size">0</property>

<property name="hibernate.c3p0.timeout">30</property>

<property name="hibernate.connection.SetBigStringTryClob">true</property>

<property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver</property>

<property name="hibernate.connection.password">*************</property>

<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:oracle:thin:@****:10080:******</property>

<property name="hibernate.connection.username">********</property>

<property name="hibernate.dialect">com.atlassian.hibernate.dialect.Oracle10gDialect</property>

<property name="hibernate.setup">true</property>

This is an error from <Conf HOME dir/logs/

2014-05-26 11:50:50,182 DEBUG [localhost-startStop-1] [sf.hibernate.hql.QueryTranslator] logQuery SQL: select confluence0_.BANDANAID as BANDANAID, confluence0_.BANDANACONTEXT as BANDANAC2_, confluence0_.BANDANAKEY as BANDANAKEY, confluence0_.BANDANAVALUE as BANDANAV4_ from BANDANA confluence0_ where (confluence0_.BANDANACONTEXT=? )and(confluence0_.BANDANAKEY=? )

2014-05-26 11:50:50,196 DEBUG [localhost-startStop-1] [sf.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] logExceptions SQL Exception

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Should I create table BANDANA ? Or something else is still not correct ?

Regards,

Milan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events