Confluence upgrade questions

Andrei Trif September 26, 2016

Hello , I want to know if I will update to the latest version 5.10.X I have to upgrade also the Oracle database version because now I have Oracle 11.2 and I read that 5.10 is compatible with Oracle 12, is also back compatible with 11.2.

The same question from above is for the Java version , I have now 1.7 , do I have to upgrade to java 1.8 ?

What are the steps that I should follow for the upgrade form the version 5.6.6 I have now?

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2016

I would start by shutting down the instance, back everything up (server, dbserver, filesystems, the works!). Then proceed to upgrade the db server. Once this is done, you should be able to use the installer to perform a upgrade on confluence. Confluence server comes with it's own JRE embedded, so i don't think you have to think about this. Your versions seem close enough to make the upgrade in one step, but seeing that i am not all-knowing i would read all release notes/upgrade notes between the versions you are upgrading between. Make sure to backup server.xml, cacerts and any other file that might have been customized during the last versions life, as many of these files are dismissed and have to be reconfigure. When doing the upgrade, the installer will list all files that differ from the original file. I would backup all these files to easily find what changes might have been created. Once more, BACK IT ALL UP and make sure you can revert in a easy way. If you are lucky enough to run it on VMware, i would snapshot all VM's in case you need to revert. Also don't forget to delete the snapshots once done, as this will fill out datastores.

Good luck!

0 votes
Andrei Trif December 11, 2016

Is Confluence 5.6.6 is compatible with Oracle 12 ?

I want to upgrade in 2 stages, first database and then application..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events