Confluence unable to load com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.soy:soy-core-functions

Pepe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2012

Restarting confluence I get this error. Some parts of confluence work, others do not. In general it appears that <a> tags work but javascript functions don't. I.e. clicking a link to another confluence page works, dropping down the Browse menu does not. Anyone have any idea what happened?

2012-06-28 10:35:21,902 ERROR [http-80-11] [[Standalone].[localhost].[/].[noop]] log Servlet.service() for servlet noop threw exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Required plugin module com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.soy:soy-core-functions was either missing or disabled

at com.atlassian.soy.impl.DefaultSoyManager.addSoyResourceForModuleKey(DefaultSoyManager.java:199)

at com.atlassian.soy.impl.DefaultSoyManager.makeBuilder(DefaultSoyManager.java:176)

at com.atlassian.soy.impl.SoyTransformer$SoyResource.transform(SoyTransformer.java:66)

at com.atlassian.plugin.webresource.transformer.CharSequenceDownloadableResource$1.apply(CharSequenceDownloadableResource.java:50)

at com.atlassian.plugin.webresource.transformer.CharSequenceDownloadableResource$1.apply(CharSequenceDownloadableResource.java:47)

at com.atlassian.plugin.webresource.transformer.TransformerUtils.transformAndStreamResource(TransformerUtils.java:41)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2012

This is related to core plugins, I think. Check in the plugins manager and make sure that all the plugins you use are enabled in the plugin manager (especially the System Plugins). Be sure to look for plugins where not all modules are enabled. For example, you can enable/disable some of the modules within a plugin like the HTML plugin.

Pepe
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2012

It definitely is. There were a number of system plugins disabled which is abnormal. I've re-enabled them which hasn't solved my problem. Hopefully a restart will but need to wait a bit longer for that.

0 votes
Don Willis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2012

Hi Christopher,

The missing module should be in the "Confluence Soy Template Support" plugin, which should be in the System Plugins.

Pepe
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2012

Thanks Don. The issue I was seeing was that this and many other system plugins were being disabled when Confluence restarted. I believe it ended up being memory issues. Confluence was running on a 32bit Windows machine and the memory was maxed out. I don't recall getting OOM errors but I'm pretty sure we solved it by moving to a 64bit machine with more RAM.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events