Confluence unable to load com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.soy:soy-core-functions

Restarting confluence I get this error. Some parts of confluence work, others do not. In general it appears that <a> tags work but javascript functions don't. I.e. clicking a link to another confluence page works, dropping down the Browse menu does not. Anyone have any idea what happened?

2012-06-28 10:35:21,902 ERROR [http-80-11] [[Standalone].[localhost].[/].[noop]] log Servlet.service() for servlet noop threw exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Required plugin module com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.soy:soy-core-functions was either missing or disabled

at com.atlassian.soy.impl.DefaultSoyManager.addSoyResourceForModuleKey(DefaultSoyManager.java:199)

at com.atlassian.soy.impl.DefaultSoyManager.makeBuilder(DefaultSoyManager.java:176)

at com.atlassian.soy.impl.SoyTransformer$SoyResource.transform(SoyTransformer.java:66)

at com.atlassian.plugin.webresource.transformer.CharSequenceDownloadableResource$1.apply(CharSequenceDownloadableResource.java:50)

at com.atlassian.plugin.webresource.transformer.CharSequenceDownloadableResource$1.apply(CharSequenceDownloadableResource.java:47)

at com.atlassian.plugin.webresource.transformer.TransformerUtils.transformAndStreamResource(TransformerUtils.java:41)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

This is related to core plugins, I think. Check in the plugins manager and make sure that all the plugins you use are enabled in the plugin manager (especially the System Plugins). Be sure to look for plugins where not all modules are enabled. For example, you can enable/disable some of the modules within a plugin like the HTML plugin.

It definitely is. There were a number of system plugins disabled which is abnormal. I've re-enabled them which hasn't solved my problem. Hopefully a restart will but need to wait a bit longer for that.

0 votes
Don Willis Atlassian Team Aug 27, 2012

Hi Christopher,

The missing module should be in the "Confluence Soy Template Support" plugin, which should be in the System Plugins.

Thanks Don. The issue I was seeing was that this and many other system plugins were being disabled when Confluence restarted. I believe it ended up being memory issues. Confluence was running on a 32bit Windows machine and the memory was maxed out. I don't recall getting OOM errors but I'm pretty sure we solved it by moving to a 64bit machine with more RAM.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,164 views 20 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you