Confluence table transformer - Access href and text properties of link to rename hyperlink

Jannis Louw July 22, 2021

I'm using Confluence table transformer. I would like to rename an existing hyperlink as part of a query. Is there a way to access href and text properties of an existing link to rename the hyperlink? I need this in order to build a new FormatWiki based hyperlink with the updated text title.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2021

Hi @Jannis Louw ,

I'm not sure if I've gotten your case right but here is the option that I can suggest (if it doesn't suit you please clarify the question and attach some screenshots).

So here is your page in the edit mode:

Thu 12-1.png

The first column contains raw links that you manually paste for your wiki page. The second column provides description for your links.

The links in the first column can be often changed and it's not convenient to rename them manually. And, of course, raw links look not so appealing.

If this is the case, you may try the following SQL query:

SELECT
FORMATWIKI("[Click here|" + T1.'Regular link' + "]")
AS 'Check the required info',
T1.'Description'
FROM T1

Thu 12-2.png

Thu 12-3.png

Here we renamed all the raw links from the first column and hid the original raw view.

And if you need to construct (build) links from multiple text pieces put together (where the one changing piece comes from a table column) please follow this example.

0 votes
Jannis Louw September 22, 2021

This will get you the text and link properties of a hyperlink where header is Link:

SELECT *,
FORMATWIKI( "[" + T1.'Link'->tfView->match("href=([^ >]*)")->1->slice(1, -1) + "|" +
T1.'Link'->tfView->match("href=([^ >]*)")->1->slice(1, -1) + "]" ) AS 'New Link',
T1.'Link'->tfView->match("[^>]+>([^<]+)")->1 AS 'Text'
FROM T*

0 votes
Jannis Louw July 22, 2021

Confluence_link.PNGHi @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ 

This is very useful - thanks. My problem is however slightly different in that my table has links similar to the "Click here" link in your last screenshot - the link text is "Click Here" and does not contain the full address although clicking on the URL will take me to the desired location (as the address is set). I want to rename the "Click here" link text to something else without losing the hyperlink (link address). 

In order to do so using FormatWiki I need a way to access the Address property of "Click Here". 

Is there any way to do that? 

Thanks, Jannis

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2021

Hi @Jannis Louw ,

I've consulted with our developers and got a more complex SQL query that may suit your case:

Fri 4-1.png

Fri 4-2.png

SELECT *,
FORMATWIKI( "[Bla-bla link|" +
T1.'Link'->tfView->match("href=([^ >]*)")->1->slice(1, -1) + "]" ) AS 'New Link'
FROM T*

Fri 4-3.png

Now the Link and the New Link columns mirror each other and contain the same corresponding links (and you may hide the Link column, of course).

Like # people like this
Jannis Louw September 22, 2021

This works perfectly, thank you so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events