It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence system error after setup

I've attempted to set up a confluence server 3 times. Each time resulting in the same system error. Not really sure what is the root cause for this problem.

I am able to successfully set up the server. I even was able to create users and surf around to make sure everything works. A few mins later someone attempted to access confluence from their terminal, they encountered a system error. When I reload the page I was on, it now has a system error.

Anyone seen this before?

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error rendering template for decorator root
    at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.velocity.ApplyDecoratorDirective.render(ApplyDecoratorDirective.java:161)

caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error rendering template for decorator global
    at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.velocity.ApplyDecoratorDirective.render(ApplyDecoratorDirective.java:161)

caused by: org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'get' in class com.google.common.collect.Lists$TransformingRandomAccessList threw exception java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0 at /decorators/global.vmd[line 47, column 30]
    at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.handleInvocationException(ASTMethod.java:342)

caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
    at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:657)

1 answer

0 votes

Quite a few times I'm afraid.  There are several things that can cause it, and the best starting point to troubleshoot is https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/java-lang-runtimeexception-error-rendering-template-for-decorator-root-in-a-page-217743738.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Bring information from GitHub into Confluence

I’ve got a couple of questions for you. Do you write technical documentation? What about technical documentation that references code and files from GitHub? In this article you will learn how to in...

32 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you