Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence system administrator unable to set global permission

jira ivi October 30, 2015

Hi,

I am having problem granting another user as system administrator (confluence global permission). I logged in as admin username, which is in the system administrator group. This happens after:

• I set to use external user management (with JIRA system)
  • I removed some groups's global permission as system administrator

Would anyone please enlighten me why is this happening and how can I restore the system administrator permission? Thanks alot.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2015

It's happening because you're deleting groups from the rights you need to grant them.

Keep it simple - have a group that is clearly named for system-admins and put that in the system-admin global permission.  Then make sure all the correct users are in it.  As you are using external management, I'd strongly recommend having two - one internal (for upgrades and test builds if nothing else) and one in the external directory.

If you've managed to delete yourself from that group, you'll need to be re-added in the internal group by an existing admin, or re-add yourself in the external management group.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events