cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence site import

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2018

We currently have JIRA Cloud, and Confluence On-Prem. We're looking at moving Confluence to Cloud.

The article https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/migrate-from-confluence-server-to-cloud-724765529.html states the following:

Note: Site import is only available for Confluence-only instances. If you have multiple applications, such as Confluence and Jira, you'll need to export and import spaces individually.

Does this note apply to our situation, or only if the two were currently on-prem and we were moving Confluence to the cloud? It is slightly ambiguous as written.

1 answer

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2018

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to perform a site import, but I never trust what the docs say even when they say it'll all be fine (that's nothing specific to Atlassian, I'm just cynical). I'd create a trial conf cloud instance and perform the export/import. I suspect it'll be fairly black and white whether it's worked correctly or not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events