Confluence sidebar does not dispaly page tree

DR February 9, 2015

I created some new spaces, then added pages and moved pages from other spaces.  After I moved some pages, the sidebar in the new space does not display the page tree.  There is a Tree browser on the right side of the main page (to the right of recently updated), but nothing in the sidebar.  The side bar is there, but it is blank except for the blog, page options, etc. 

This is the case in two new spaces I created. I have tried toggling the page display on and off, and switching between the child page/page tree option.  Nothing changes.  The sidebar is still normal on old spaces.  What happened?  How do I get the page tree to display in sidebar again? 

Thanks!

Edit - Also, on these spaces, the controls on the top right are gone (Edit-Watch-Share-Tools).  Do I need to totally rebuild indexes when this is just happening in two spaces?  This seems more like a setting/configuration issue.

3 answers

4 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2015

Hello DR,

If the sidebar is blank, it means that Confluence is having a hard time to render the pages there. Being that said, the best approach is to do a rebuild of the content indexes from scratch. Here are the steps to achieve it:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Rebuild+the+Content+Indices+from+Scratch

Also be sure that this space is using the same theme that the other spaces. Theme can change the layout and where the page tree is located. You can see it here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Applying+a+Theme+to+a+Space

Cheers,
WZ

Deleted user June 21, 2019

Confluence is absolute trash. I have 2 pages in my space, it shouldn't be hard for it to display them in the sidebar.

Like # people like this
3 votes
Johannes March 25, 2020

If this is still relevant for anybody:

I have had similar issues and for me it was enough to set the home page again under "Space Tools" -> "Overview" -> "Space Details" -> "Home page"

bgroves May 5, 2020

I tried this by going to "Space Settings" -> "Space Details"  and editing the homepage but it did not work. Do you happen to have any other suggestions?

Johannes May 7, 2020

You might want to check if the pages are ordered as expected under "Space Tools" -> "Content Tools" -> "Reorder Pages".

Like Yevhen likes this
bgroves May 7, 2020

Thank you. We created a top level page (also set as home) and everything else underneath that. This showed all the pages in the side bar. Seems kinda redundant to create a space and then also have to create a top level page set as home to see all the pages in the side bar. But maybe that was a design decision.

David Pressley July 9, 2020

This was the answer for me... For some reason, the home page was removed from the Space Details page. Re-adding it worked. No idea how it was removed. Thanks for the fix @Johannes

Like Johannes likes this
Yen-Wu Lo September 25, 2020

This works for me!

Like Johannes likes this
0 votes
Shiva Kumar December 21, 2018

Hello DR,

Follow the below:

1. Click on Space Tools on left bottom of the page.
  2. Click on Configure sidebar, then Navigation display options will be appearing on sidebar.
  3. Click on the Page tree radio button.
  4. Click on the done button to save.

Thank You!

Warm Regards,

Shiva Kumar G

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events