Confluence server start error

PPGod March 21, 2021

ddd.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2021

Have you looked at why it can't remove the pid file?

Actually though, I think I can guess.  You're going to find it is owned by the wrong user.

I think you have installed Confluence, set to run it as a new user called Conf or Atlassian or Confluence or something like that, then you started it manually while you were logged in as root.  That process then took ownership of a load of files and runs fine until you try to stop it.  The systemctl start command runs Confluence as the non-privileged user who can't delete or edit root's files.

If my guess there is correct, you will need to shutdown confluence completely (you'll need to be root to do it with the scripts, which is the better way to do it, but you could just kill the processes - kill Confluence and Synchrony if they are running).  Then change ownership of all the clobbered files back to the confluence user, in both the confluence installation and data (home) directories, then restart confluence as the confluence user (systemctl will do that)

PPGod March 23, 2021

My installation directory, accessories, database, etc. are all in the "home" directory.My everything is installed in a virtual machine. I copy a new one from the original virtual machine. At this time, I backup the "home" directory of the original virtual machine and replace the "home" directory of the new virtual machine. At this time,the error message shown in the screenshot appears.

I used the command "ps -ef|grep confluence" to make sure that no confluence process was running.

I tried to follow the prompt to switch the confluence user running the startup script, but the same error message is prompted

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Can you check the file ownerships?  Are the Confluence home (data) and installation directories and their content all fully owned by the user that will be running Confluence?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events