Confluence server side open external links

Nate Hawbaker March 10, 2013

I am currently able to open external links in an iframe(macro) within a Confluence page. This is working fine. However, most of the clients that will be using Confluence do not have Internet access. The confluence server does have Internet access. Is it possible on the server side to navigate to the external link and display the external page within a confluence page, without the client having Internet access?

It's been awhile since I set up the Iframes, but I remember someway I did it, where it tried using server side to open an internal link. Clients could not get to it, but the server did, but the server was able to display it on the client side hence why I used iframe to have client side open link. But I forget what method I used that was trying to open on server side.

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

Hi Nate!

I don't believe that's possible, since the client will still be the client (its browser) and not the server itself.

What you could do is to create rules on your proxy to just allow access to the URLs used on Confluence, and use the firewall to redirect the connection under this conditions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events