Confluence server mobile app doesn't work with self signed certificate

zoha khoshnoodi January 19, 2018

I create a self signed certificate to start confluence server mobile app, but it doesn't work. I search it and find that this happened because of self signed certificate.I want to ask : is there any way for self signed certificate to connect to confluence server application?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jenny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2018

Hi @zoha khoshnoodi

In the latest release of both the iOS and Android apps we've enabled login for sites with a certificate that's self-signed or from an unknown Certificate Authority - to do this you'll need to install the certificate on your device.

For more information on how to do this, check out our knowledge base article.

Thanks

Jenny

zoha khoshnoodi June 26, 2018

Thank you dear @Jenny

it's really useful and I found that I need to update my confluence because its app support on confluence 6.8 and later.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2018

Dear @zoha khoshnoodi,

most probably the app will ask the phones CA cert store, if the SSL certificate of the serve can be trusted.

This will return a NO.

To fix it, you have to manually do this on your phone. Best google for "self signed certificate android".

So long

Thomas

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2018

Dear @zoha khoshnoodi,

have you fixed your problem? What was the solution?

So long

Thomas

zoha khoshnoodi April 3, 2018

@Thomas Deilerthank you  so much.
I didn't guess after almost one month you answer my question and already I forget about it , I checked my email and found your answer.

I google it and find something but I didn't understand clearly, because they said that I should create ssl certificate for android and you know I create a self-signed certificate for my confluence before that too, I want to ask "Are they the same or not? " If your answer is yes does it means i should remove old certificate and replace with this new?  or should I  just create certificate for android and it doesn't relate to confluence's certificate?

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2018

Dear @zoha khoshnoodi,

you do not need a self-signed cert for your android. You just need to trust it on your phone.

Have you tried to connect with Androids Chrome to Confluence? What does Chrome say to the self-signed certificate?

So long

Thomas D

zoha khoshnoodi April 20, 2018

@Thomas Deiler

Yes it's OK with Chrome.

Thank you so much.

0 votes

@Thomas Deiler thank you  so much.
I didn't guess after almost one month you answer my question and already I forget about it , I checked my email and found your answer.

I google it and find something but I didn't understand clearly, because they said that I should create ssl certificate for android and you know I create a self-signed certificate for my confluence before that too, I want to ask "Are they the same or not? " If your answer is yes does it means i should remove old certificate and replace with this new?  or should I  just create certificate for android and it doesn't relate to confluence's certificate?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events