Confluence server Space

shazia parhiar January 18, 2017

how do I add new space on confluence server. 

2 answers

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017

Nic is right.  If you want longer and more detailed instructions you can find them here.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2017

Log in as someone with "create space" permission (or as an admin) and click "create space" on the spaces menu.

shazia parhiar January 19, 2017

Hi Nick

Still I can not create space. please see below screenshots.

image2017-1-19 16:34:6.png

image2017-1-19 16:34:49.png

As I am using Confluence server not cloud. 

Many thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2017

You are not an admin - we can see that from the lack of a cog at the top right.

The lack of "create space" as an option in the space menu means you do not have "create space" permission either.  (In fact, it looks like you don't have "create" at all)

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2017

Hi Shazia,

You need to ask a site admin to give you create space permissions, but a space admin can give you permissions to create pages in their space.

If you're not sure who the admins are, click Space tools > Overview (at the bottom of the sidebar) and you'll see a list of administrators at the bottom of the Overview page.

shazia parhiar January 19, 2017

Hi Rob and Nic 

Thanks a million for your response. I am using trial version of confluence server and I am the only from my company trying it if it suits our business requirements. How come someone else is apace admin. would it work like that in future even if we buy it for our business? 

Thanks

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2017

Hi Shazia,

I've not set up a trial server version myself, but I've logged into a trial Cloud version that someone was using for a training session.  They had full site admin rights as far as I could see - did you set this trial version up yourself?  If you didn't, then the person who did will need to give you admin permissions.

If you buy it for your business you (or whoever is set up as the site admin when you buy it) will be able to access user management and add/deactivate/delete users and groups, and provide permissions to individual users, including giving admin rights to users.

shazia parhiar January 20, 2017

Hi Rob

I created this with Atlassian support service consultant. He was instructing me through whole process so that's how I set trial version up. It did not give me option to create space as a adim. All the admins in my space didn't provided their contact details to request access for admin.

I was wondering that can I re-install it again and get admin permission to myself with same email address?

I look forward to you

Thanks

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2017

Hi Shazia,

If you want to keep your existing trial server version, or create a new trial server version, with admin rights you should contact Atlassian and ask them the best way to do this.

If you're just looking to see if Confluence generally does what you want, the easiest way to get admin access is to sign up for a free Cloud trial. It is a bit more restricted than the server version (here is the list of restricted functions) but in general terms of adding/editing/deleting content and managing users it's the same.  The main difference for companies is that the server version allows you to collect some statistical data, and also allows you to use HTML for customising your Confluence, which you can't do with the cloud version.  But that shouldn't stop you evaluating it's general functionality.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events