Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence seems to have problems in Chrome. Is this a known issue?

Max Waterman October 28, 2019

When I make a new 'how to', I attempt to edit the 'Explain what this how-to article is for' by first clicking on that text, but I can't seem to make the focus 'stick'. I can see the cursor on the click 'press', but as I release, I seem to lose focus again.

Any ideas?

Max.

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2019

­­­­­Hello there, @Max Waterman !

I am not really sure if I fully understand your current situation. As I understand, you are unable to select a specific sector of the page when using the How-To template.

With the purpose of showing what I get when I try to use the same template and edit the same part of the template, I have recorded this screen capture:

HowToArticle.gif

There you can see that when I click the specified sector of the page, the entire sector is selected. When this happens, any character that I may come to insert with the keyboard will erase the entire sector with text. I am using the following environment in the video:

• Google Chrome Version 78.0.3904.87
  • Windows 10 Version 1903 build 18362.356

Would that be possible for you to clarify if the situation that is shown in my video is the same that you face?

Also, I would like to ask you a few questions. Here they are:

1. Is your situation also present in a different browser?
  2. Is this behavior present if you access Confluence with an Incognito/private tab in Chrome?

Thanks for your time, Max. Let us hear from you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events