It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence seems to have problems in Chrome. Is this a known issue?

When I make a new 'how to', I attempt to edit the 'Explain what this how-to article is for' by first clicking on that text, but I can't seem to make the focus 'stick'. I can see the cursor on the click 'press', but as I release, I seem to lose focus again.

Any ideas?

Max.

1 answer

0 votes

­­­­­Hello there, @Max Waterman !

I am not really sure if I fully understand your current situation. As I understand, you are unable to select a specific sector of the page when using the How-To template.

With the purpose of showing what I get when I try to use the same template and edit the same part of the template, I have recorded this screen capture:

HowToArticle.gif

There you can see that when I click the specified sector of the page, the entire sector is selected. When this happens, any character that I may come to insert with the keyboard will erase the entire sector with text. I am using the following environment in the video:

• Google Chrome Version 78.0.3904.87
  • Windows 10 Version 1903 build 18362.356

Would that be possible for you to clarify if the situation that is shown in my video is the same that you face?

Also, I would like to ask you a few questions. Here they are:

1. Is your situation also present in a different browser?
  2. Is this behavior present if you access Confluence with an Incognito/private tab in Chrome?

Thanks for your time, Max. Let us hear from you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

159 views 3 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you