Confluence search problem

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2018

Hello!

Recently I've encountered the following problem - Confluence search doesn't work (as I expect it to work). It only searches pages' titles but not the content.

What am I missing?

search.jpg

I'm absolutely positive that there are plenty of pages with the word "data" on them. I do have access to that pages, I've created almost all of them. But still no luck.

I've checked the logs but didn't see any events when try to search and get an empty result.

Please, suggest.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I've already settled myself with an idea that it is not supposed to work this way, ok. But here I watch another tutorial and - lo and behold - they show how to find in-page content.

This starts to drive me crazy :/

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2018

Hi Greg,

Could you run a full site reindex and let us know if you get any results?

Regards,

Shannon

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2018

Hello, Shannon and thank you!

Yes, it was that simple :)

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2018

Great to hear! Thanks for confirming, Greg. :) 

Kind regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shawn in Van August 29, 2018

Is it possible to do a full site re-index using Confluence Cloud? I don't think so, but if I am wrong, I would love to know the steps.

My question is similar, I am attempting to search for any links to "sites.google.com". I know that hundred's exist but Confluence search results in none.

Suggestions?

Thank you

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2018

Hello, @Shawn in Van!

This topic has been discussed here:

Why is cloud confluence indexing disabled?

There's much useful information.

Can you give me a couple of your real-life examples  (search words) so that I could reproduce the issue in my environment?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 30, 2018

Hi Shawn,

FYI, you can contact the support team and they can run a reindex for you if needed.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2018

May be a dumb answer, but just to be sure: are you logged in into your Confluence?

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2018

Hi, Thomas!

Nothing is dumb when it comes to troubleshooting :)

Yes, I'm logged in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events