Confluence search - matched snippets

Shai Deljo April 3, 2017

Is there a way in the Confluebce search API to get back only the snippets of text from the document that matched the query? i.e. instead of the entire body (all the document) to get shorter text based on the match with the query terms?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2017

Hi Shai,

While using the Confluence REST API seems to be more of a developer matter I'd like to point you to the new Developer Community that Atlassian recently launched.

To not leave you empty handed I think you can use the excerpt property of the response of your search query. This will give you an excerpt and mark the search term(s).

For example when I do a search with text~'collaboration' the API will return an excerpt like this:

"excerpt": "Interview Info Company Berlingske Media Department Consumer Sales Products SalesForce (heeft veel @@@hl@@@collaboration@@@endhl@@@ mogelijkheden) Google Drive Gmail Google …  Voordien in email marketing en hotel manager Veel @@@hl@@@collaboration@@@endhl@@@/partnering met Ad Sales Problems Observed Problems Observed Below is a list of the problems we",

As you can see the word collaboration is marked with @@@hl@@@ and @@@endhl@@@.

You can choose the excerpt strategy using the excerpt request param as documented in the Confluence REST API Docs.

Best,

Maarten

Shai Deljo April 3, 2017

Thanks! Appreciate the tip.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events