Confluence search doesn't find german 'Umlaute'

Milraun February 6, 2017

Hi,

we are running a confluence server on ubuntu 16.04. Ubuntu's laguage settings are set to English (en) but confluence index language is set to german.

If I search the german word 'Verlängerung' the search term 'Verlän*' doesn't work. If I use 'Verl?n*' pages and attachments with 'Verlängerung' are found.

Are there any options I miss ?

Thx

Jürgen

1 answer

0 votes
Milraun February 6, 2017

Small correction. Umlaute only don't work if using wildcards. Looking for 'Verlängerung' works but 'Verläng*' doesn't work.

One interesting thing. If I search for 'Jür*' here in answers it works. What is different ? 

Andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2017

We've got a similar issue when the summary of a Service Desk ticket incluedes an Umlaut, the auto-search of the knowledge base fails. I'm currently investigating this but do not have a solution yet. If the issue still exists on your instance, I can keep you updated if you want.

See: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/German-umlauts-causing-troubles/qaq-p/604766#M201107

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events