Confluence: saving a draft revision without publishing it

Hi!

I use confluence to propose some documentation to my customers. I see that we can restrict a space or a single document to my staff users, but what about a revision?

In fact, my staff must be able to perform some modification visible by all staff member, but not by the customer. So is that possible to save a revision as draft so only my staff will see it?

If not possible, I think to create a space "Work in progress" to create my documentation and then copy my change in the space for customer. Unless you have a better idea?

Best regards.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Confluence doesn't have that level of granularity in the page history - you can either see a page (and all its revisions), or you can't.

The Comala Workflows addon does implement history protection though - the users can see the current "published" version, and that there were or are drafts but not the content of the unpublished drafts.

Your "work in progress" space is probably the best option without addons, but it's a little onerous as the users will have to copy the "publishable" version of a page into the public area when they're ready - can't just move it, as all the history will move with it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,219 views 4 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you