Confluence: saving a draft revision without publishing it

Simon G_ August 16, 2015

Hi!

I use confluence to propose some documentation to my customers. I see that we can restrict a space or a single document to my staff users, but what about a revision?

In fact, my staff must be able to perform some modification visible by all staff member, but not by the customer. So is that possible to save a revision as draft so only my staff will see it?

If not possible, I think to create a space "Work in progress" to create my documentation and then copy my change in the space for customer. Unless you have a better idea?

Best regards.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2015

Confluence doesn't have that level of granularity in the page history - you can either see a page (and all its revisions), or you can't.

The Comala Workflows addon does implement history protection though - the users can see the current "published" version, and that there were or are drafts but not the content of the unpublished drafts.

Your "work in progress" space is probably the best option without addons, but it's a little onerous as the users will have to copy the "publishable" version of a page into the public area when they're ready - can't just move it, as all the history will move with it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events